Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

So I bought a used Wii U, and I think it's already broken

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

As the title says, I just got a Wii U second hand, only to realise it didn't come with the Gamepad charging cable. After having got one off Amazon, it's been sitting on charge with various games downloading for like 3 hours.

I finally go to use the console properly after Pokken Tournament finishes, go to tweak the brightness of the Gamepad and it starts flickering - like the charge icon is flickering back and forth as though the cable isn't connected, but it's only when the brightness is set to 5. I knock it back to 4 and keep going, then inside Pokken, everything's cool until I get to a stage select screen, at which point it gets all flickery again.

Removing the cable makes the battery light go red as if it's not done any charging in all this time, and putting it back in has the screen go from normal to dim and back again, with the light flashing orange in unison. The console hasn't been used for about 2 years from what I've been told, and as a total Wii U newbie, how do I go about troubleshooting this please?

Is it the cable, the gamepad, the Wii U USB connection? I'm pretty stumped, as googling is taking me into a few variations on this same thing, but with no specific cause (plus I trust you guys way more than a random thread on GFAQs)

Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.