Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Those with a white Wii U

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Are you finding yourself too limited by the memory size on this as I heard reports you are left with around 3GB of storage after the update? I really want a Wii U but I don't really fancy paying the £350 for the ZombiU pack so I am considering a White Wii U and the game separately.

What exactly is the memory used for, can you pre-install games like on a 360 or is it solely used for saved data and DLC?

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jsnyder82

I just use it solely for save data. Which is plenty of space. I have an external USB drive that I'll be using for the games I purchase. And to back up my saves.

But I think you CAN download games onto the 3GB of storage. Just small games like Mighty Switch Force.

SirShandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SirShandy

Yah, it's pretty much mandatory that you'll need an external hardrive if you plan to buy the white one, unless you never plan to download any digital games.

peartnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By peartnoy

I have one and I will eventually add an external hard drive. The 32GB on the other isn't enough either if you plan to download games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e5a8081075a
    deactivated-60e5a8081075a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been getting on fine with my 8GB console so far. Installing the day one patch left me with around 4GB and the MarioU / ZombiU updates took up an additional ~75MB. This still leaves plenty of space for saves (which are roughly 1MB each) and enough room for the occasional demo (probably, lol...).

That said, plugging an external HDD in will likely be something that all WiiU owners will have to do at some point, regardless of whether they own the Basic or Premium.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.