Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Vitality Sensor

Accessory »

The Wii Vitality sensor was introduced by Satoru Iwata at Nintendo's E3 2009 press conference. It was never actually released as a retail product.

Reggie On The Wii Vitality Sensor

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Regginator has stated that he feels the Vitality Sensor will have a similar impact to the DS.

When the device was revealed at this year's E3, gamers were a little confused with how it could be utilised in a videogames, especially seeing as though Nintendo showed no demo at the show. Speaking to Fast Company, Nintendo's president likens the device to the Wii Balance Board, DS and also the Wii itself:

"People were initially skeptical but each has been incredibly successful in the marketplace. How? It's down to the games."
    "Until you have that software, it's tough to understand. If I told you that you would be standing on an oversized bathroom scale, and having fun doing it, you probably would have said, 'Reggie, I don't get it.' And yet here we are with the balance board arguably as the third largest development platform across the globe."
    - Reggie Fils-Aime

Thanks to Kotaku.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

There's only one way that I want this to work:

Eternal Darkness 2.

It senses your pulse and heart rate.  The faster and harder your heart beats from natural fear, the more fucked-up shit it throws at you.

Otherwise, leave it to fitness games.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

Why is it that interviews in the video-game industry are so damn boring? 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @jakob187 said:
    " There's only one way that I want this to work:

Eternal Darkness 2.

It senses your pulse and heart rate.  The faster and harder your heart beats from natural fear, the more fucked-up shit it throws at you.

Otherwise, leave it to fitness games."
    Same could be for any of the horror-survival games I am guessing.  Why not Metroid?  Same principle.

Hell, I am just as sceptical as the next guy, but less hateful than 360/PS3 fanboys, but who knows what they could do.  They would have made it public if they didn't have any decent plans for it.

If it is successful, wait for a while and you will see it as an add-on for Natal and the PS3 motion controller   :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.