Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

F-Zero Wii

Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Pezjulo

Anybody knows any rumors/ news or anything about the possibility of this game existing??

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By efrucht

Nintendo has not even given a single hint that this is even in development. I know, I really want a new F-zero too.... :(

Guild_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Guild_Master

Reminds of a certain Kotaku, article. Oh the sad sad truth, I wish Nintendo sheds light on the issue pronto.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose

There has been an F-Zero game on evey Nintendo console since the SNES, it's definitely coming. Maybe later in the Wii's lifetime

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Homer

Yeah I really wish they would say something about it.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SSbabel

Its defenatly a franshise that could be put to good use, i mean fast moving vechicles who doesnt like it.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dark_Link142

F-Zero is such a great series. I'm sure they'll put a title out for the Wii. It may not be anytime soon though. It was the only thing I wanted to see at E3. But we can't have everything we want.

It's funny how I don't like racing games unless it's F-Zero. It's just so over the top and fast paced. How can you not like it? =P

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clarke0

Yeah I actually talked to some of my friends about a F-Zero game on the Wii a while ago. Too bad it'll take forever to come out. :(

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark_Link142

Yeah. I just hope for pumped out graphics (IMO it had the second best graphics on the Gamecube, next to Wind Waker) and some good Wii controls. Although it may be difficult to add steering controls because it's such a fast paced game.

Plus, online! I don't want a wimpy 4 player race or anything. A full 30 player race would be amazing, although unlikely. Perhaps 12 players like Mario Kart's?

Kloreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kloreep

I'm normally not a big racing fan, but was a late convert to the series with F-Zero GX. Normally I don't like games that are akin to throwing your head against a brick wall, but there's something rewarding about seeing the wall yield every 20th blow or so. ;) Especially the way GX rewarded you with custom parts.

I do hope to see one for the Wii, I could use some new F-Zero down the line.

On-line play would be cool, however it would have to be good for a fast game like F-Zero. But considering how well Brawl turned out...

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Mushir
    Black_Rose said:
    "There has been an F-Zero game on evey Nintendo console since the SNES, it's definitely coming. Maybe later in the Wii's lifetime"
    Agree. Nintendo wont just kill a franchise like F-Zero.
    RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By RowdyRob

I'm sure we will see it pop up in the future ;]

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zityz
    Twilight said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "There has been an F-Zero game on evey Nintendo console since the SNES, it's definitely coming. Maybe later in the Wii's lifetime"
    Agree. Nintendo wont just kill a franchise like F-Zero."

No, but they sure know how to kill franchise like Donkey Kong though.
    printedcrayon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By printedcrayon

As long as Nintendo don't feel the need to cater to all the casual fans by sticking a less than needed "Wii Wheel" control system on and, instead, continue the series tradition of being a damn fine racing game, then i will be pleased. There is no way they would kill off a franchise like F-Zero.

Avatar image for mario_galaxy_fan
    Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Mario_Galaxy_Fan

F Zero will make an appearence I believe on the Wii. It's games are good quality.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark_Link142
    zityz said:
    "Twilight said:
    "Black_Rose said:

No, but they sure know how to kill franchise like Donkey Kong though."
    Poor Donkey Kong. At least his Handheld games are pretty good.
    Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pezjulo
    PrintedCrayon said:
    "As long as Nintendo don't feel the need to cater to all the casual fans by sticking a less than needed "Wii Wheel" control system on and, instead, continue the series tradition of being a damn fine racing game, then i will be pleased. There is no way they would kill off a franchise like F-Zero."
    Completely agree...although the wii wheel is good, in a game as fast paced as F-Zero it would be damn hard to use...you would just look like a madman spining that thing all over the place :P...a nuchuk + wiimote configuration would be the best
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ThomasP

A new F-Zero is expected. A new Punch-Out? Not so sure.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Earthbounder

It will come. F-Zero GX was awesome but unfortunately I don`t think the next game will follow on its footsteps since I read an interview with Miyamoto a while ago where he said he was not happy with the result of the game, I think he said something about it being way too hard. But personally that`s one of the main reasons why I think it is the best racing game I have ever played.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Mushir
    zityz said:
    "Twilight said:
    "Black_Rose said:

Yea.... Id love another Donkey Kong game on the Wii. Not a racing game like barrel blast though. Probably a platformer.
    SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SlayingShogun

F-Zero is the only racing game I ever liked and probably ever will like and i hate racing games. Hopefully they will make another soon.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Earthbounder
    Twilight said:
    "zityz said:
    "Twilight said:
    "Black_Rose said:

Yea.... Id love another Donkey Kong game on the Wii. Not a racing game like barrel blast though. Probably a platformer."
    The DK series needs another platformer. Right now I think Nintendo has no idea what to do with DK since he has starred on music and racing games on the Gamecube. In my opinion the Bongo games were very dumb.
    Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pezjulo
    Earthbounder said:
    "Twilight said:
    "zityz said:
    "Twilight said:
    "Black_Rose said:

Yea.... Id love another Donkey Kong game on the Wii. Not a racing game like barrel blast though. Probably a platformer."
    The DK series needs another platformer. Right now I think Nintendo has no idea what to do with DK since he has starred on music and racing games on the Gamecube. In my opinion the Bongo games were very dumb.
    "
    As long as they keep the DK games being side scrolling it´s fine by me...otherwise he will suffer the same destiny as Sonic...although DK is wayy cooler :P (by the way, this is a long quote...)
    dymach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dymach
    Earthbounder said:
    "It will come. F-Zero GX was awesome but unfortunately I don`t think the next game will follow on its footsteps since I read an interview with Miyamoto a while ago where he said he was not happy with the result of the game, I think he said something about it being way too hard. But personally that`s one of the main reasons why I think it is the best racing game I have ever played."
    Yup, I've heard about this too,  Matt Casamassina has mentioned it on numerous occasions.  The other problem with F-Zero is that it's not very well received in Japan for the most part, and seeing Nintendo is such a Japanese centric company who knows what they'll do.  I'd love to see another F-Zero, but if they're just going to rehash GX or dumb it down then I'd rather let it die.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Earthbounder
    Pezjulo said:
    "As long as they keep the DK games being side scrolling it´s fine by me...otherwise he will suffer the same destiny as Sonic...although DK is wayy cooler :P (by the way, this is a long quote...)"
    I would like a new 3-D platformer. I loved Donkey Kong 64!

Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pezjulo

Hmm that´s one good point I missed...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.