Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

How will they beat Galaxy?

• 56 results
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Emilio

Mario should go mini and travel through the blood stream.

Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Roy42

Easy to incorporate time travel into it (bear in mind i haven't played partners in time and don't know if i'm taking anything out of the story)

Starting off, a totally original idea, BOWSER KIDNAPS PEACH!!!!!! i know, right? so clever, how they could reinvent the whole mario formula if they did that.
    So bowser kidnaps her and with the use of some special time thingy mabob, hides throughout history, cavemen, romans, tudor, anglo saxons, dressing up the koopas and goombas accordingly, through to the future, where, because mario wasn't there, bowser has created an empire replacing mushroom kingdom, mario beats bowser and restores history, badaboom.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Earthbounder
    RowdyRob said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    "Dark_Link142 said:
    "If they made it less linear.
    "

I loved the fact that Galaxy was linear because it added to the whole old-school feeling of the game. But making it less linear would be awesome!"
    Less linear as in Super Mario 64 like, as in you can find any of the stars at once?"
    Not exactly like that. But on most Galaxies you couldn't return to a planet once you used those launch stars. I wish they would add some more backtracking and exploration.
    Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Roy42

Yeah, in 64 you could get more than one star if you chose a different star, in galaxy you can only get the star that you chose, unless you picked the star that has the secret on it, which is kind of linear, plus in the observatory, there was no challenge to find the secret galaxies other than the trials, the ones like sling pod galaxy and drip drop galaxy, they weren't about finding them hidden within the castle with the peach painting, or around delfino when you cleaned the bells, this time it's just about getting enough star bits, not too hard, though i suppose they do get a slight bit more harder to get the secret stars by the time you get to the engine room.

OmegaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By OmegaRed
    solidphoenix said:
    "Nintendo did no wrongs with Super Mario Galaxy, and I think in order to top it they'll have to introduce a new gameplay mechanic that changes the way gamers play Mario.
    In Galaxy that was Gravity, and the addition of new and radically different worlds that challenged the gamers to think in a new way.
    Sure, time travel is possible, but how would  that fit into the world?
    That being said Mario is a franchise that can do practically anything, except adult content, and I suppose Miyamoto could always find a way to add it in.
    "
    Seeing as they already did the DS game about time travel mentioned in this thread, it would "fit in the world" just fine.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Player1
    Mario_Galaxy_Fan said:
    "It will be incredibly difficult. Super Mario Galaxy was a masterpiece."
    agreed. Masterpiece is a good word for it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.