Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

System requirements for this game?

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

So, I have this female friend who just today asked me what the system-requirements this game have. 
    At first I thought she talked about the last Wolfenstein game, but she afterward specified that it was the newest she talked about. I don't know if she's looking into getting a new PC, because I'm pretty much sure she's aware that her current laptop most likely can't handle it. 
    I'm however not personally as much an expert on that particular subject anymore to give her a good enough answer, since I've pretty much stopped bothering with PC-gaming some years back. 

I actually went here because I thought GB's game-pages contain minimum requirements and such - but apparently they don't.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

what the hell?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

I'm confused what game are you talking about again?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

By posting in a game specific forum instead of general discussion you would have made this easier. 

So are you asking about Return to Castle Wolfenstein maybe. Or the new Wolfenstein coming out? If you have the game just look on the box.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

well it sounds like u will need a new laptop or new computer because if these requirements are real then it's high. 

minimum:  
    http://www.amazon.com/System-Requirements-Wolfenstein-coming-2009/forum/Fx36W8LNZXLGH1I/Tx3DILD4ICP2W9F/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B001CLYL1K
     CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
    RAM: 1GB RAM
    Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
    Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
    Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer  

idk what they really are becuase the game isn't out yet. i havn't found a lot of information.
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilDingo
    @c1337us:  @c1337us said:

" By posting in a game specific forum instead of general discussion you would have made this easier.   So are you asking about Return to Castle Wolfenstein maybe. Or the new Wolfenstein coming out? If you have the game just look on the box. "

hmmm... I obviously though I was posting in the specific game's forum... I feel pretty stupid now
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

No need to fell stupid. It just made a little confusing for people to help based off your post. Looks like Scooper and iam3green have sorted you out though.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilDingo
    @c1337us said:
    " No need to fell stupid. It just made a little confusing for people to help based off your post. Looks like Scooper and iam3green have sorted you out though. "
    yeah - I was in the game forum for the new Wolfenstein-game and created a topic. I assumed that the topic would end up in the same forum... apparently not. 
    Also I wouldn't actually call Scooper's post helpful - He was just finding an excuse to be a smart-ass.  
    Obviously I posted the question on GB in hope that somebody was knowledgeable about the requirement... but I realize now, that since the game hasn't come out yet nobody really knows.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us

Can't say I am above looking for an excuse to be a smart arse from time to time myself lol. Are the specifications not on the official website?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scooper
    @EvilDingo: Not being a smart ass, you're being a dumb ass. Just google "wolfenstein system requirements" and bam. 4th link from top.

" The official system requirements for Wolfenstein have been revealed on the community forums, suggesting 1GB of ram, a 256MB graphics card and 3.2 GHz processor. "

So that means something above a 6800, I guess.
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EvilDingo
    @Scooper said:
    " @EvilDingo: Not being a smart ass, you're being a dumb ass."
    heh... That's pretty clever. 
    Still, I was looking for people on GB's first hand experiences... but of cause with the game not being out and all, I was hoping to get an answer THAT is what make me a dumb ass. 
    Not my really my unwillingness to use google to search this answer. 

Why should the existence of Google make people who ask these questions on forums target for ridicule? If people don't want to answer, they can just ignore the post and refrain from answering.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scooper
    @EvilDingo: I was helping you out by giving you a link to the specifications to the game. I'm sorry if it seems I'm being snide about it but for a game that's not out there's no more anyone can say. It could have low system requirement but come out and for some reason crash on 85% of graphics cards. We don't know. I did answer you question but you said I was a smart ass for doing so so how do you think I'm going to respond after that?
    EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilDingo
    @Scooper: yeah, I realized after posting my topic that the game wasn't even out, so that's made me feel stupid about posting the topic in the first place. 
    I'm sorry for jumping at you. 
    I guess that's the way you react when you feel someone is having a go at you. (and in this case when I say *you* I mean *me*) 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scooper

Fair dos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.