Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Tanks

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 12, 2010

World of Tanks is a free-to-play (F2P) massively multiplayer online (MMO) team based action game featuring WWII era tank combat.

World of Tanks - The GiantBomb Initiative

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Giantstalker

This is basically a call to arms for anyone who plays this game, or is even interested in playing this game.

Would you be interested in forming a GiantBomb clan, playing some matches, and (if we ever get big enough) participate in global Clan Wars?

Even if you're just a casual player, it's a free game, and it's really only about having fun. My best tank is currently a T54, although I'll be working on American mediums soon... anyone else?

dietrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dietrich

I am, currently my best tank is a T-28 with its top tier cannon. name on WoT is harms_arms.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

I might be up for it, i'd have to reinstall and remember my account info though, so I'll get back to you.

Arouga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arouga

I'm interested in the game, haven't played it myself yet, Anyone wanna tell me how it is? because i'm pretty sure it's a f2p game and those are usually pretty iffy and don't always have the greatest gameplay

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

Username: Pilecki 

Just started yesterday 

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Bouke

A friend said i should try it, so i´m downloading it right now... if its good i´ll get back to you. So far i´ve had only good times playing games with other GB members :)
    treadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By treadd

Awwww, so little love from the GB community for MMO pew pew tanks. :( Then again, I'll only be playing until BF3 comes out. The clock is ticking...

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By dagas

I recently started playing. I'm only at tier 2. First I tried the tank destroyer and then the Panzer II. I have researched the next tank but it's so expensive. it's over 50k and I only get 1k per match if even that. The problem with F2P games are that they are made so that you are pretty much forced to buy gold or grind like crazy and I find neither choice appealing. I want to get a gun that has some penetration like that nice long 75mm gun the Panzer IV can have but that tank costs 250k and I need the grind some other tanks first.

Maybe I'm just playing wrong, but it always seem like the enemy kills me super fast while I barely do any damage at all. The only times I even managed to kill anyone was when I got really close up in their butt and they were busy with another tank.

If this was an FPS it feels like my Panzer II is an SMG and my Tank destoyer is a sniper, but I want to be using an assault rifle class that is accurate at least up to medium range and still does damage. What class is that?

AddyMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By AddyMac

@dagas: Medium tanks from around tier five are probably what you're looking for. You'll have the range to snipe and the mobility to engage in close-range dogfights. The game really opened up for me once I started using them. Grinding the sufficient credits and experience with just light tanks is a complete chore, though. I'd recommend investing in an SPG (aka artillery), since you're able to accumulate kills without putting yourself in harm's way.

Chaotic_Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chaotic_Mind

Omg i just saw this post , lol i have all tier 10 heavy researched and most of them bought also all tier 9 meds and some tier 8 td and 1 t7 spg , i am dep commander of a clan who owns some provs. I love wot but sometimes i just take a time out otherwise i get burned out because of those pub battles and terrible MM

m0nk3y80y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By m0nk3y80y

I just started playing a couple days ago, but would love to be part of a clan.

user name is the same as my GB one: m0nk3y80y.

randomatom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By randomatom

I would be in for any type of clan or GB meetup, my username is the same, RandomAtom

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.