Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE Legends of WrestleMania

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 24, 2009

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania is a wrestling game that features superstars from the past clashing in WrestleMania-themed events. It was developed by Yuke's, the developer which made the SmackDown! series.

The Legends Are Old. The Sound Feels Older. (rant)

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Death_Burnout

OK so i downloaded the demo for this on the PSN today (thanks Microsoft) and other than the fact it took about 4 hours, i can safely say that this game right from the get go, pissed. Me. Off.

Aside from the obvious gameplay change, where things are simplified, and are made for the casual wrestling fan (old school wrestling fan that is, when wrestling was good, which is totally cool, i myself have mastered  the current semi-crappy Smackdown, so playing this feels way too odd for me) It totally just goes and uses every single janky sound asset from the current Smackdown games.

Now, this i guess, is understandable, but c'mon, do i honestly have to hear JR and King say the same Goddamn lines? again? the same Table lines? Do i have to hear the same grunts, and the same menu noises...Do even i have to look at the same Menu!? albeit reskinned.

No, i don't, because i probably wont buy it, but the point is, i wish they went full hog on this one, it's such a shame for it to feel and sound identical to the Smackdown games of today, what i really wanted is a game that felt different, something to get away from Smackdown, is the TNA game really going to be the only game as of late to do that? i guess so.

Sure it's the same Yukes engine, what else should i expect, but to have this as a diferent version of smackdown, dare i say, "WWE Smackdown vs Stupid" (like "Madden NFL Stupid") seems like a let down.

Obviously...this only really applies to smackdown fans like me, the casual person will not know the difference, so, that's fine.

Plus who knows, could it be demo placeholders? i highly doubt it. Plus no Randy Savage, that's a fail right there, i know why he's not in, but damn son.

I talk too much, but it's not exactly the gameplay that's the problem here, it's changed entirely! it's just the presentation.

EDIT: i guess it is worth saying, they are constantly busy, i think it's time we saw Smackdown or any Yukes based game, take a year off, But old Vince and co. wont let that happen i bet.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Yukes are the laziest developers ever. They still use animations from SmackDown! 2 and the referee has had the same voice since the original game.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Death_Burnout
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Yukes are the laziest developers ever. They still use animations from SmackDown! 2 and the referee has had the same voice since the original game."
    Oh yeah, i mean, i could rant for another hour how annoying i find Yukes these days.Actually last year they changed the Ref voice...but it's the same as last years here...the voice is terribleby the way.

Miniman
    said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Yukes are the laziest developers ever. They still use animations from SmackDown! 2 and the referee has had the same voice since the original game."
    Speaking of the referee, is he in the ring in this WWE game? I didn't really take notice."
    I believe he is not in the ring.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

This demo was waaaaaay too easy. I wasn't expecting much, but you are literally using X and A until you get to your finisher.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Karmum said:
    "This demo was waaaaaay too easy. I wasn't expecting much, but you are literally using X and A until you get to your finisher."
    Yeah...it is simple, but it's meant to be, also, the AI totally spammed body slams on me...til i lost.
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Hexpane

Thanks and praise to the lord Baby Jesus Allah for allowing MMA to become so big, we can finally get "real fighting" games now and not fake fighting or cartoon fighting!

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Hexpane said:
    "Thanks and praise to the lord Baby Jesus Allah for allowing MMA to become so big, we can finally get "real fighting" games now and not fake fighting or cartoon fighting!"
    Oh that Yukes UFC game, that reminds me, that actually looks totally awesome, regardless if im not the biggest fan of MMA.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum
    Death_Burnout said:
    "Karmum said:
    "This demo was waaaaaay too easy. I wasn't expecting much, but you are literally using X and A until you get to your finisher."
    Yeah...it is simple, but it's meant to be, also, the AI totally spammed body slams on me...til i lost."
    I literally spammed the opponent with different kinds of moves with the A button, and just kept pounding away until I had my finisher. Way too easy.
    Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Retrogimp

Yeah, it's disappointing to say the least - finishers seem completely pointless when you can just press A and X for a couple minutes and still pick up the three count. Hey, maybe that's what Hogan did to beat Andre back in the day....

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Death_Burnout
    Karmum said:
    "Death_Burnout said:
    "Karmum said:
    Yeah...it is simple, but it's meant to be, also, the AI totally spammed body slams on me...til i lost."
    I literally spammed the opponent with different kinds of moves with the A button, and just kept pounding away until I had my finisher. Way too easy."
    Retrogimp said:
    "Yeah, it's disappointing to say the least - finishers seem completely pointless when you can just press A and X for a couple minutes and still pick up the three count. Hey, maybe that's what Hogan did to beat Andre back in the day...."
    Yeah, it definately seems worse, and there was Jeff Gerstmann saying all he did in Smackdown Vs Raw 09, was stomp a guy and do his finisher 3 times...he's really gunna love this game. I myself put a little more creativity into smackdown, i had no choice (actually i had tons of choice! XD)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.