Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

2nd 360 RROD... Sigh

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

That's my second 330 to RROD on me. I suppose we're all used to this kind of stuff now? When it stutters to a halt and refuses to restart, the feeling i'm getting at this point isn't the HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL IS THIS i felt when my Dreamcast's disc drive died, but more a deep sigh of disappointment; It's just what 360s do.
     They have this wonderful machine that gives so much joy, but then it goes and just up and dies no matter how well you've treated it. It's a profoundly saddening experience, mostly because of how MS seem to have resigned to this simply being a facet of their platform. I get the feeling that they fully expect 360s to die, so, y'know, send us your box and we'll give you a quick fix!

Oh Xbox 360.. You're like an adorable wonderful heartwarming kitten most of the time. A loud growly one sometimes but lovable nonetheless. Why'd you have to go and poop in my bed huh? Why do you do that? I love you!

The worst thing now is i've been eagerly expecting Arkham Asylum, and now i can't play it for a long time. Can't afford buying a new box, and getting it fixed will take forever.

Interesting sidenote; The stutter and crashing started after a couple of length Shadow Complex sessions. My first 360 died after a few lengthy Gears of War sessions. So far, UnrealEngine3 seems to be the #1 way to go if RROD is how you wanna roll. Hello paranoia!

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

That's my second 330 to RROD on me. I suppose we're all used to this kind of stuff now? When it stutters to a halt and refuses to restart, the feeling i'm getting at this point isn't the HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL IS THIS i felt when my Dreamcast's disc drive died, but more a deep sigh of disappointment; It's just what 360s do.
     They have this wonderful machine that gives so much joy, but then it goes and just up and dies no matter how well you've treated it. It's a profoundly saddening experience, mostly because of how MS seem to have resigned to this simply being a facet of their platform. I get the feeling that they fully expect 360s to die, so, y'know, send us your box and we'll give you a quick fix!

Oh Xbox 360.. You're like an adorable wonderful heartwarming kitten most of the time. A loud growly one sometimes but lovable nonetheless. Why'd you have to go and poop in my bed huh? Why do you do that? I love you!

The worst thing now is i've been eagerly expecting Arkham Asylum, and now i can't play it for a long time. Can't afford buying a new box, and getting it fixed will take forever.

Interesting sidenote; The stutter and crashing started after a couple of length Shadow Complex sessions. My first 360 died after a few lengthy Gears of War sessions. So far, UnrealEngine3 seems to be the #1 way to go if RROD is how you wanna roll. Hello paranoia!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Welcome to the club. I usually head to the PC for my gaming fix when the 360 is in repairs.  I've been thinking of getting a Nintendo DS as well to toy with, which could be used in the interim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.