Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Buy stuff from xbox usa store, play them on a EU account?

Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Henrikhoe

So

after retrieving my gamertag just know, which is like 2 years old, i found out that i had loads of ms points on that account.

However i live in europe, so i was wondering if i could buy some arcade games from the usa account, then play it using the EU account?

Cause i really want to use my new gamertag to get the achievements and stuff

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Lunar_Aura

What region is your actual 360? I'm pretty sure the games are console region based and not gamertag region based.
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @Henrikhoe said:

" So  after retrieving my gamertag just know, which is like 2 years old, i found out that i had loads of ms points on that account.  However i live in europe, so i was wondering if i could buy some arcade games from the usa account, then play it using the EU account?  Cause i really want to use my new gamertag to get the achievements and stuff "

No you won't be able to. If you have an American account you'll play the arcade games on it only and when you try on your european account  it will be shown as a trial instead of the full game. I had the same problem last year and I had to rebuy everything :(     
    Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Henrikhoe

my conse is europe based, pal

i just got a pm, saying arcade games is not region based/region locked. so i could buy it and download it to xbox 360 harddrive, and then relog to my eu account and play it from there.

Sounds weird though

Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Henrikhoe
    @LethalKi11ler: 
    ive had that problem before when my xbox got red ring of death, and when i got a refurb, i couldnt download all the arcade stuff, but thats because the arcade games were digitaly signed to another console
    you sure that didnt happen to you, maybe you switch consoles. Or did you just try what im thinking about doing now
    DEllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DEllen

Games are assigned to profiles not consoles I think. Arcade games are available in Europe so why not just download them normally?

Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Henrikhoe

DOH!

Cause i have 4000MS points on my us account, and i really dont feel like adding ms points to my eu account.

Yes im a poor student

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

4000 points that you cant spend. That blows man.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By lethalki11ler
    @Henrikhoe said:
    " @LethalKi11ler:  ive had that problem before when my xbox got red ring of death, and when i got a refurb, i couldnt download all the arcade stuff, but thats because the arcade games were digitaly signed to another consoleyou sure that didnt happen to you, maybe you switch consoles. Or did you just try what im thinking about doing now "
    I use to live in Canada and then moved to the Netherlands. Got a PAL Xbox but my account was still from Canada. To buy things I had to use a Canadian Card and then I could use my Canadian account. I made an European account and tried to use the games I had downloaded with my Canadian account and it didn't work. Those included Xbox Live Arcade Games and Addons to games HOWEVER themes and game pictures are console bound and work for all accounts on the console.  
    I had to talk with a Xbox representative for hours about once a week when I had the problem.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@Henrikhoe: Go into account management, then download history, and you should, hopefully,  be able to re-download all your previous purchases regardless of the current country you reside in. X360 and Xbox games downloaded in USA that are only available in USA will not be available in Europe, and vice versa.
    Henrikhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Henrikhoe

I just tried and it worked, i downloaded greed corp, splosion man, etc 
     i downloaded from my old usa account, and it worked playing from my eu gamertag. 

however the games doesnt show up in my recently played list, and when achievements should pop, i just get a error message, saying something about that i couldnt find the profile or some stuff like that

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ISuperGamerI

It might be a good idea to call Microsoft (1-800-4MY-XBOX I think is the number) and ask them if it actually works with all the normal features.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.