Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Changing your xbox region? Is it true?

michaelsuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Being someone who is constantly travelling, the issue of a region locked xbox is pretty substantial for me. Having bought my xbox from Hong Kong and am currently living in Canada, buying games for it is a bit of a pain as you can imagine. However, recently having done a bit of Googling online, i've come across several forum posts by people claiming that simply changing your xbox's region (which can be done every 3 months) allows different region games to be played. Is this true?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I live in Korea where region encoding is a pain in the ass for the rather large and growing community of expat gamers. I know for a fact that you can't change the region of a Korean Xbox into a North American one. I doubt it's different for any other region.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

When I was living in North America and about to move to Europe I called Xbox tech support. The guy wasn't too sure sounding but he said I could change my region but it was a one time deal and my account would be forever locked to that region. Since I'm planning on coming back to the US I didn't switch and as a result some stuff doesn't work in Europe like free games with Gold Live membership.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You should really look into buying a PS3 instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.