Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Live Auto Renewal

EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By EVILfunkster

Didn't you used to be able to turn this on or off in your account summary at xbox.com?  I had mine set to off seeing as I usually just use pre-paid cards, but after my gold membership lapsed this week, I bought one month of live for £1 off the dashboard.  Now my account is set to auto renew with no obvious way to turn it off.  Is there a way to do this or will I have to ring their help line? 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I know for sure you can call them and cancel it, but there may or may not still be an option to disable it online. I swear there was at a point, but I also remember trying myself to disable it and not being able to find the option.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

You have to call them.  Those sneaky assholes.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

First you couldn't do it online, and then you could. Mine is still set to off, so I am not sure if they removed the option of switching it off now. I am sure someone else who does have Auto-Renewal on could login to xbox.com and see if they can turn it off still.

EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EVILfunkster

This must be pretty new, I'm certain I've changed my auto renewal in the past.  There's even a guide on how to do it on major Nelsons blog dated July 09.  Sneaky bastards indeed.  Guess I'll be ringing them then. 

Navyseils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Navyseils

I had to cancel my subscription recently cause I'll be out of the country for a few months. When I looked online the option to toggle auto-renew was no longer available for me either. So I called them up and it was pretty hassle free to get it turned off. Out of curiosity I asked why the option is no longer available online, the rep told me they had complaints that people had theirs turned off as a prank if they left themselves logged in or something like that. I don't buy that.

EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EVILfunkster
    @Navyseils said:
    " the rep told me they had complaints that people had theirs turned off as a prank if they left themselves logged in or something like that. I don't buy that. "
    Sounds very much like they had no idea why and made up some bullshit.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx

My brother had the same deal and was able to turn it off on the website.

EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EVILfunkster

Well a few minutes on the phone sorted it out, plus they had  La Femme d'Argent by Air as the hold music so all's good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.