Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

My X360 - status update

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

After some phonecalls I got some new information regarding the status of my X360.

I got news that Microsoft is waiting for some parts for the repairs, and "at the moment repairs take up to 3 months"... I have no idea, if that means I'd have to wait another 3 months, or if this includes the 6, 7 weeks my 360 is gone already.

Anyway, I guess it just takes way more time, then I care... 
    I wonder if that's just a problem they have around here, all of europe or even world wide.

I guess that also means I got more time to spend with Disgaea DS ;) 
    As long as the 360 returns in time for Assassins Creed 2 im fine ^^
    Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mexalen

After some phonecalls I got some new information regarding the status of my X360.

I got news that Microsoft is waiting for some parts for the repairs, and "at the moment repairs take up to 3 months"... I have no idea, if that means I'd have to wait another 3 months, or if this includes the 6, 7 weeks my 360 is gone already.

Anyway, I guess it just takes way more time, then I care... 
    I wonder if that's just a problem they have around here, all of europe or even world wide.

I guess that also means I got more time to spend with Disgaea DS ;) 
    As long as the 360 returns in time for Assassins Creed 2 im fine ^^
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By mordecaix7

That sucks dude.  I hope you get your 360 back soon.  Like you said though, it gives you a good chance to get caught up with games on other systems or older games :)

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ryu

That seems pretty slow, my friend's 360 red ringed and he had it back within 2 weeks.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mexalen

@Ryu: I already had a X360 RROD'ing on me in 2007. Back then, I got it repaired in like 3 weeks. Looks like MS just got lots of repairs at the moment, probably as that E73 and E74-failure have been acknowledged as being under longer waranty. Might just be a problem in europe or austria as well...

henrik_zwomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By henrik_zwomp

"repairs take up to 3 months"
    Well that sucks. I hope that's not the case when my 360 goes RROD.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By wealllikepie

meh im really worried about my 360, it doesn't ave any problems yet, but I live in Russia, so if it ever happens I'll probably be screwed, and I'm not arsed to spend another 300$ and then more getting a ps3 and games for it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.