Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Quick Blog: Xbox 360 Demos

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

Edited By Eder

At my lunch brake I decided to take a look at some demos that came out for the Xbox 360. I only have about an hour to play some games so what's the point in getting into something that doesn't have a save point right away.

Try the game! NOT!
    Try the game! NOT!

Halo Wars

Halo is back. But this time it's in RTS. I can't play this game, I really wanted to give it a try but it just keeps freezing. Fuck this game, it really pissed me off. I spent like 20 minutes trying to get this thing to work but no. I first attempted to get into the tutorial, it froze. Then I tryed again. IT STILL FROZE. Restart 360 now. Now I said well, let's just jump into the action. Guess what? Yes, it just have me the finger. I'll get it on PC if that ever happens. Waste of time was getting this demo.

[EDIT] Ok I downloaded this thing again and played some of it. It's pretty good I hate to admit because of the problems it first game me. The game plays similar to the only thing I can compare it to: Battle for Middle Earth 2. The thing about this one is that it's more console focused, I guess due to the fact that this is not a port from a better controled PC version. Controling your units is very simple and very engaging. Take it from someone who if things get too complicated in a game he just walks away. I thought well thats all good and stuff but what about creating buildings and more units? that's gotta be hard. The game once again proved me wrong, the menus are very simplified and don't take much time to get used to. They are mostly circular and have all options you need right there so you can move quickly and just get stuff done. One last thing, the game uses CG videos to tell the story and that looks WAY better than the other halo's in-game cutscenes. This also makes it so that the story seems way more interesting. And I really can't believe that.

Resident Evil 5

No Caption Provided

I really can't remember playing that much part 4 on the Gamecube but I am pretty far in the Wii version. With that in mind, the aiming is the only real problem with this one. I think the controls are fine, the movement got better and the graphics, that was awesome. The Wii version of part 4 spoiled me big time. The aiming in that one is perfect, it's fast and very accurate. So going back to aiming with the joystick feels very slow in comparison. Hopefuly in the final version there is a way to adjust the sensitivity. I'm gonna try and get this one as soon as it comes out if I've got the dough.

R-Type Dimensions

Brad says it all in his review, it's a great shooter. I would have gotten it if it weren't for the 15$ pricetag on this one.

No Caption Provided

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Eder

At my lunch brake I decided to take a look at some demos that came out for the Xbox 360. I only have about an hour to play some games so what's the point in getting into something that doesn't have a save point right away.

Try the game! NOT!
    Try the game! NOT!

Halo Wars

Halo is back. But this time it's in RTS. I can't play this game, I really wanted to give it a try but it just keeps freezing. Fuck this game, it really pissed me off. I spent like 20 minutes trying to get this thing to work but no. I first attempted to get into the tutorial, it froze. Then I tryed again. IT STILL FROZE. Restart 360 now. Now I said well, let's just jump into the action. Guess what? Yes, it just have me the finger. I'll get it on PC if that ever happens. Waste of time was getting this demo.

[EDIT] Ok I downloaded this thing again and played some of it. It's pretty good I hate to admit because of the problems it first game me. The game plays similar to the only thing I can compare it to: Battle for Middle Earth 2. The thing about this one is that it's more console focused, I guess due to the fact that this is not a port from a better controled PC version. Controling your units is very simple and very engaging. Take it from someone who if things get too complicated in a game he just walks away. I thought well thats all good and stuff but what about creating buildings and more units? that's gotta be hard. The game once again proved me wrong, the menus are very simplified and don't take much time to get used to. They are mostly circular and have all options you need right there so you can move quickly and just get stuff done. One last thing, the game uses CG videos to tell the story and that looks WAY better than the other halo's in-game cutscenes. This also makes it so that the story seems way more interesting. And I really can't believe that.

Resident Evil 5

No Caption Provided

I really can't remember playing that much part 4 on the Gamecube but I am pretty far in the Wii version. With that in mind, the aiming is the only real problem with this one. I think the controls are fine, the movement got better and the graphics, that was awesome. The Wii version of part 4 spoiled me big time. The aiming in that one is perfect, it's fast and very accurate. So going back to aiming with the joystick feels very slow in comparison. Hopefuly in the final version there is a way to adjust the sensitivity. I'm gonna try and get this one as soon as it comes out if I've got the dough.

R-Type Dimensions

Brad says it all in his review, it's a great shooter. I would have gotten it if it weren't for the 15$ pricetag on this one.

No Caption Provided

heysparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By heysparky

I'm glad you liked Halo Wars. I enjoyed making it.
    Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eder
    @heysparky:  OH SNAP! Karen is that you?
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Halo War's is good, but somehow I don't feel compelled to put it back in and finish the campaign. :/

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon
    @TaliciaDragonsong: 
    What?
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @big_jon said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong:  What? "
     Halo Wars, its good, but I don't feel compelled to keep playing it to finish the campaign.
    Aka like Eder said, story's looking better then it is.
    Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eder
    @TaliciaDragonsong:  Man this thing was a loooong time ago. I seem talk down Halo's story but I really like the games. This would be the only one I haven't played. I think I'll give it another shot other than the demo. I liked the videos that told the story and I just finished Starcraft 2. The time is now for ALL UNITS!
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Eder said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong:  Man this thing was a loooong time ago. I seem talk down Halo's story but I really like the games. This would be the only one I haven't played. I think I'll give it another shot other than the demo. I liked the videos that told the story and I just finished Starcraft 2. The time is now for ALL UNITS! "
    Ha.
    I somehow think I will be able to finish it on the PC.
    The controller feels like a chore!
    heysparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By heysparky
    @Eder:
    Yeah. I was browsing for... sheesh, I don't recall. Games for GD1, I think, and ran across a blog post of yours here at GB. 

Small world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.