Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

The Problem with my Xbox 360 slim.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By Sevan

so after the hurt and hardship of missing out on Gamestops awesome trade in deal for the Xbox 360s subsided, i went out and fed the demon walmart to get my system.  
     i love it. My old xbox needed an external fan to function, and the thing sounded like an airplane. But this little baby is quieter than any electronic device in my room.  The built in excellent wifi adapter is a breath of fresh air compared to my old wifi adapter that i had to tape to my wall 6 feet up with painters tape and a usb extender to get my neighbors internet. And that friendly little beep it gives off when u power it on/off or eject a disk (with just a touch, no pressy) makes me giggle every time. 
     The only problem i have with my fantastic new xbox is... its too light. 
     When my controller dies, i cord up and keep playing. But last night i felt like i was gonna pull my xbox right off the top of my big screen tube tv with any sudden movements. I know i could lay it on its side, but im afraid the excellent wifi quality will diminish.  
     My question is: does anyone know of any stands for the slim, or have any idea how to keep firmly in place without damaging the bottom of the box or the top of my tv? 
     please and thank you.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sevan

so after the hurt and hardship of missing out on Gamestops awesome trade in deal for the Xbox 360s subsided, i went out and fed the demon walmart to get my system.  
     i love it. My old xbox needed an external fan to function, and the thing sounded like an airplane. But this little baby is quieter than any electronic device in my room.  The built in excellent wifi adapter is a breath of fresh air compared to my old wifi adapter that i had to tape to my wall 6 feet up with painters tape and a usb extender to get my neighbors internet. And that friendly little beep it gives off when u power it on/off or eject a disk (with just a touch, no pressy) makes me giggle every time. 
     The only problem i have with my fantastic new xbox is... its too light. 
     When my controller dies, i cord up and keep playing. But last night i felt like i was gonna pull my xbox right off the top of my big screen tube tv with any sudden movements. I know i could lay it on its side, but im afraid the excellent wifi quality will diminish.  
     My question is: does anyone know of any stands for the slim, or have any idea how to keep firmly in place without damaging the bottom of the box or the top of my tv? 
     please and thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

use a cordless controller. 

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rathantoras

Duct tape, just don't cover the vents.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sanryd

It'd be safer on it's side anyway, but if you must have it standing up you could try something like I do where, if my 360's not on, I sometimes charge up my controllers with my PC/Laptop.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Depending on its size, you could put it in an original ps2 stand so that you dont pull it over? If you have the room, move it off the top of your TV?
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Burns098356GX

Stop stealing internet and you wouldn't have to jerry-rig all that shit together.

rdav1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rdav1109
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " Stop stealing internet and you wouldn't have to jerry-rig all that shit together. "
    This. Get your own connection for f*** sake.
    maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maximus_vi
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " Stop stealing internet and you wouldn't have to jerry-rig all that shit together. "
    LOL this. You really shouldn't place such a fragile item on top of your television, but if you must, I'd recommend only using wireless controllers to prevent your console from moving. Go buy a Play & Charge kit or the Quick Charge station, and never look back.
    Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jesus

You're wifi won't be affected.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269

Your wifi will be fine and stop being a caveman and use a wireless controller.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sevan
    @rdav1109 said:
    " @Burns098356GX said:
    This. Get your own connection for f*** sake. "
    I had my own, and hopefully one day i will again. Its not my house, so when the people who owned the place switched from Fios to Time Warner and refused to get extra rooms or pay TW's extra charge for a wifi adapter, they kinda screwed me.   and i have too many other expenses (gas, netflix, a storage unit, insurance, cell phone...etc) to buy my own internet hook up.
    @Afroman269:
    @odintal:
    i do have a wireless controller. I came with one without the charge wire, and i have my old wireless. I plug in cuz i only have one battery pack, and my box gets played enough that it does die. but even when im unplugged, the things still too light for me to be happy with it standing.

@Jesus:
    the taping to the wall got me one bar sometimes. My laptop doesnt pick up any connections unless im holding it at eye level while standing. The only other device that picks up wifi in my room is my ipod touch, and that happens randomly for no reason in various areas of my room. 
     Laying it down effectively moves the wifi 3 inches, which i can actually notice in streaming video and already shoddy games of Halo.

@WoodenPlatypus said:
    " Depending on its size, you could put it in an original ps2 stand so that you dont pull it over? If you have the room, move it off the top of your TV? "

ill give that a look. The guy at my gamestop suggested the old xbox stand. I'll have to check into how wide both of those are... as soon as i can track some down. thanks.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By zidd
    @Sevan: get a usb -> AC adapter and plug the play and charge into that. You may even already have one for your iPod touch. Problem solved. This works because the play and charge only draws power from USB.
    Avatar image for harderbetterfasterstronger
    HarderBetterFasterStronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sevan:  Get a spare battery pack dude. 
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

get a play and charge kit. the only thing that can be done. stop stealing internet from people.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EightBitShik

Instead of buying the new Xbox you could of got your own internet and you can buy a shirt since you don't seem to have one based on your profile. Sorry bro but stealing internet is worse then rape.

Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sevan
    @EightBitShik said:
    " Instead of buying the new Xbox you could of got your own internet and you can buy a shirt since you don't seem to have one based on your profile. Sorry bro but stealing internet is worse then rape. "
    im leaving this place in the next 5 months. paying for the hook up and then inevitably the cancellation fees is the absolute stupidest thing to do. also, my new xbox cost me a little over 100 after i got all my stuff traded in, which is about what i would have had to pay when my old one inevitably red ringed (again) seeing as to how i no longer have a warranty on it. 
    if it puts your slightly d-baggy mind at ease, i actually tested my neighbors connection for 3 weeks before i started using it, checking to see how often it was used, and how much stress my computer and xbox simultaneously would put on the network. Its as respectful as i can get short of going next door and pleading my case which ,sidenote, i have done before someplace else, resulting in the people calling their son (who himself is an asshat who knew i wasnt doing any harm but hated me) to lock up their network with the password being (i kid you not, his ex told me and i checked it) "FuckU3van" (evan being my name).
     if theirs one thing i know, its that most People are retarded about computers. Im not a hacker and im not ruining their internet experience (which i believe is nonexistent) in the slightest. So dont judge me for using their connection in the wee hours of the night instead of waisting money im saving to get my own place and connection on a temporary connection here.
     oh, and your mom refuses to buy me any shirts cuz she likes me better without them. asshat.
    themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By themartyr
    @Sevan said:
    " @EightBitShik said:
    " Instead of buying the new Xbox you could of got your own internet and you can buy a shirt since you don't seem to have one based on your profile. Sorry bro but stealing internet is worse then rape. "
    im leaving this place in the next 5 months. paying for the hook up and then inevitably the cancellation fees is the absolute stupidest thing to do. also, my new xbox cost me a little over 100 after i got all my stuff traded in, which is about what i would have had to pay when my old one inevitably red ringed (again) seeing as to how i no longer have a warranty on it.  if it puts your slightly d-baggy mind at ease, i actually tested my neighbors connection for 3 weeks before i started using it, checking to see how often it was used, and how much stress my computer and xbox simultaneously would put on the network. Its as respectful as i can get short of going next door and pleading my case which ,sidenote, i have done before someplace else, resulting in the people calling their son (who himself is an asshat who knew i wasnt doing any harm but hated me) to lock up their network with the password being (i kid you not, his ex told me and i checked it) "FuckU3van" (evan being my name).  if theirs one thing i know, its that most People are retarded about computers. Im not a hacker and im not ruining their internet experience (which i believe is nonexistent) in the slightest. So dont judge me for using their connection in the wee hours of the night instead of waisting money im saving to get my own place and connection on a temporary connection here.  oh, and your mom refuses to buy me any shirts cuz she likes me better without them. asshat. "
    This isn't the best of Giant Bomb debuts...
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Ineedaname

Cancel netflix, pay for the internet.

Problem solved.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nail1080

Ummm be more careful, you know, like an adult and not a 4 year old kid?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By ch13696
    @Sevan said:
    " @EightBitShik said:
    im leaving this place in the next 5 months. paying for the hook up and then inevitably the cancellation fees is the absolute stupidest thing to do. also, my new xbox cost me a little over 100 after i got all my stuff traded in, which is about what i would have had to pay when my old one inevitably red ringed (again) seeing as to how i no longer have a warranty on it.  if it puts your slightly d-baggy mind at ease, i actually tested my neighbors connection for 3 weeks before i started using it, checking to see how often it was used, and how much stress my computer and xbox simultaneously would put on the network. Its as respectful as i can get short of going next door and pleading my case which ,sidenote, i have done before someplace else, resulting in the people calling their son (who himself is an asshat who knew i wasnt doing any harm but hated me) to lock up their network with the password being (i kid you not, his ex told me and i checked it) "FuckU3van" (evan being my name).  if theirs one thing i know, its that most People are retarded about computers. Im not a hacker and im not ruining their internet experience (which i believe is nonexistent) in the slightest. So dont judge me for using their connection in the wee hours of the night instead of waisting money im saving to get my own place and connection on a temporary connection here.  oh, and your mom refuses to buy me any shirts cuz she likes me better without them. asshat. "
    I support you stealing that internet all the way. If you're gonna leave in 5 months then why pay for it. Also, it's your neighbors fault in the first place. If he doesn't want anyone to use it then he'll lock it up or find someone to do it for him. It's like leaving your garage door wide open while you're on vacation. You're asking for a break in. 

No Caption Provided
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sevan
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Cancel netflix, pay for the internet.  Problem solved. "
    Netflix: $7 something a month
    Internet connection: $20 to $100 per month plus around a hundred for set up, and of course theres that cancellation fee i was just talking about.

...not quite the same. but close im sure.
    GrahamMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By GrahamMaster
    @Sevan:  
    If you had pre-ordered the new slim during Gamestop's trade-in deal, you would've gotten the deal even if you got the new slim after the deal was over. That's what happened with me.
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sevan
    @cwdawg1224: didnt know if i wanted one yet then. And the first store i went to made it sound like you HAD to trade in your xbox and then just go without until your slim came in. didnt want that.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azteck
    @tdk08 said:
    " It'd be safer on it's side anyway, but if you must have it standing up you could try something like I do where, if my 360's not on, I sometimes charge up my controllers with my PC/Laptop. "
    Wait.. you can do that?
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By korwin

Buy a USB extention cable and plug it onto the end of the play and charge kit, problem solved.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By meteora

Sounds like the best solution is what most people are suggesting: get a play and charge kit.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By agentboolen

Hey here is a out of the box idea, why don't you pay for your own internet....  Oh damn I don't know why I even suggested that he won't do that.

KingDaniel97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KingDaniel97
    @Sevan: So, basically your saying that this isn't the first time you've stolen people's internet but you still feel you should be given a break because you're not going to be stealing from these people for that long? What if they have a bandwith limit and your "shoddy" games of Halo push them over. They'll start wondering why they've been forced to pay a  50$ surcharge for going over their monthly allotment and then they'll be forced to pay money they may not have. How bout you nut up or shut up, I hope you burn your disk because honestly, you're not making a case for yourself whatsoever.
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sevan
    @agentboolen: hey heres an idea: read even two posts on the full two pages of comments already here before you post.
    @KingDaniel97:
    oh stfu and stop playing mr holy-er than thou. Most people steal internet at some point or another. I have stolen 3 different connections, and this if the first time ive done it excesively. And i already checked to make sure i wasnt tapping into a netcard or anything like that. They use charter, and charter has no limited bandwith services in this area. 
     why dont you find something real to crusade for, instead of jumping on line and being a dick. Maybe its simple enough for YOU to throw money around, but im just trying to play video games while i zero in on a new home and pull together my wedding. as i said before, i wont be here in the next 5 months, so paying for internet (either with a contract id have to cancel and therefor pay the cancellation fee,  or with an expensive month to month contract thats still gonna cost me a hookup fee of around 100...plus monthly fees for either option) is the stupidest thing i could possibly do to solve this situation. Noble. But stupid.  So stfu and thanks again for your input.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By agentboolen
    @Sevan:  I read enough to see that your looking for a way to keep your new 360 in the stand up position so its able to get the best connection possible from your neighbor.  Its not that complicated I get it, but I just don't care.     =P
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sevan
    @agentboolen said:
    " @Sevan:  I read enough to see that your looking for a way to keep your new 360 in the stand up position so its able to get the best connection possible from your neighbor.  Its not that complicated I get it, but I just don't care.     =P "
    so you dont care but you still bother to leave two almost equally pointless comments? gotcha.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By agentboolen
    @Sevan said:

" @agentboolen said:

" @Sevan:  I read enough to see that your looking for a way to keep your new 360 in the stand up position so its able to get the best connection possible from your neighbor.  Its not that complicated I get it, but I just don't care.     =P "

so you dont care but you still bother to leave two almost equally pointless comments? gotcha. "
     1st one wasn't pointless. Your just to cheap for that suggestion to work, thats your problem.
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sevan
    @agentboolen said:
    " @Sevan said:

" @agentboolen said:

so you dont care but you still bother to leave two almost equally pointless comments? gotcha. "
     1st one wasn't pointless. Your just to cheap for that suggestion to work, thats your problem. "

yes. Thats it. Money grows on trees and im just too cheap to spend around $500 bucks for a couple months of internet. Im suck a skeaze.Thank you soo very much oh wise one. I dont deserve to be graced by your presence. Please go away, oh divine one.
    ass.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spoonman671

I was going to deride you for stealing internet, but I see it's already been done.  Later, dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.