Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Themes disappointing on the NXE

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gaius

Anyone else not happy with the way themes look on the NXE?  I purchased the Fable II theme shortly before I downloaded the NXE and was very happy with it, however, it clearly does not go with the NXE.   For one, the whole bottom half of the screen is cut off with the grey "floor" that they have which only leaves the top half of the theme to be shown.  Then, to top it all off, the top half of the theme is cut off by the "blades."  The NXE is not very friendly when it comes to themes and it almost makes me want my money back.

Anyone else disappointed on how themes work on the NXE or is it just me?
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

You can still see the whole theme when you click in the submenus, like videos, games, etc. I agree it kind of sucks for old purchased themes, but I'm looking forward to the new dynamic themes that are sure to follow.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

It does most certainly suck as a person with around 60 themes not a single one goes with NXE no one can tell me they couldn't design the NXE around old themes its like they didn't even care.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dsplayer1010

I don't download any themes that aren't free because I think it's a waste. So, not really a big loss for me.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The themes backward compatibility is just tacked on so people can't demand their money back for themes they've previously purchased. It was never designed to be good. Although I think anyone stupid enough to pay for a theme deserves to be burnt (no offense, I'm just exaggerating, I just think themes are a rip off, it's your money you can do what you want with it).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Is it better then the Blades?

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gaius
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "It does most certainly suck as a person with around 60 themes not a single one goes with NXE no one can tell me they couldn't design the NXE around old themes its like they didn't even care."
    That's how I feel.  I have around 15 themes that I have bought and now they are completely useless, I feel a little betrayed.
    Megalon said:
    "You can still see the whole theme when you click in the submenus, like videos, games, etc. I agree it kind of sucks for old purchased themes, but I'm looking forward to the new dynamic themes that are sure to follow."

On the other hand, I am a little excited about the new themes designed for the NXE, I just wish they had some way of reimbursing the old themes so we could use that money for the new ones.  Even though that will never happen, Microsoft can't keep me from dreaming.  :P
    Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gaius
    MattyFTM said:
    "The themes backward compatibility is just tacked on so people can't demand their money back for themes they've previously purchased. It was never designed to be good. Although I think anyone stupid enough to pay for a theme deserves to be burnt (no offense, I'm just exaggerating, I just think themes are a rip off, it's your money you can do what you want with it)."
    To be honest I feel that way about themes as well, i normally do not waste money on them.  I would say that I have only purchased maybe 2 themes with my own money.  All the others were from MS point cards that I have gotten through others or for free.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

The DMC 4 theme is terrible when used on the NXE. I was getting tired of it anyway, so i've just put it on the default daytime thing.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

I'm not a fan of the way old themes were implemented, but I prefer the way new themes can be used and look forward to seeing more...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This is definitely one of the most disappointing things from the update. For now, I'm just sticking to the new default 360 theme.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By LightYagami245
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "It does most certainly suck as a person with around 60 themes not a single one goes with NXE no one can tell me they couldn't design the NXE around old themes its like they didn't even care."
    I agree. We waited awhile for the NXE, and they could of integrated the old themes into it; but they did well with it so far.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Thats probably why they have a new theme system for it.
    The new themes seem rather neat.  More than just a wallpaper

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.