Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Which Xbox is right for me?

Donkey_Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Donkey_Kong

Ok, so my launch 360, literally the last one running with no problems left on Earth, finally red ringed and died last week. Now I am a PC gamer and as such, I never use my Xbox anymore, thats why it lasted so long. I only have the thing because I wanted to get in on next generation gaming and at the time, all my old computer could run was warcraft III. Now I have a nice computer though, so I only use my Xbox for beatles rock band and the occasional exclusive title or cool XBLA game. If I had no gear, I would say fuck it and buy a PS3 because I respect it more as a console and I find its offerings to be better lately. But, a it stands, I have 25 ish games including my XBLA titles as well as a guitar mic and drums for beatles rock band, so I dont want to just abandon that. There are also like a few games (Alan Wake comes to mind immediately) that are exclusives that I was interested in that I never got to try. So I do want a new Xbox after all.

So my question is, which do I get, its been awhile since I last shopped for a new console that had many versions of itself. I know the new redesigned on just came out, but i already have one of those ridiculously expensive pieces that makes my xbox wireless, so the built in wifi is not a selling point. Keep in mind, I want a new Xbox, but I am not realistically going to use it much. Should I just say fuck it and buy an arcade unit with no hard drive and just put in my old one? I want to have a harddrive one way or another.

Thanks guys!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

If you have an old hard drive, get an arcade.
    My friend got a showmodel from the local store for 75 bucks with games and controller (the odst/forza package I think) so maybe you can find a similar deal.
    If you ain't playing much, you shouldn't be paying much innit?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268
    @Donkey_Kong said:
    " Ok, so my launch 360, literally the last one running with no problems left on Earth, finally red ringed and died last week. Now I am a PC gamer and as such, I never use my Xbox anymore, thats why it lasted so long. I only have the thing because I wanted to get in on next generation gaming and at the time, all my old computer could run was warcraft III. Now I have a nice computer though, so I only use my Xbox for beatles rock band and the occasional exclusive title or cool XBLA game. If I had no gear, I would say fuck it and buy a PS3 because I respect it more as a console and I find its offerings to be better lately. But, a it stands, I have 25 ish games including my XBLA titles as well as a guitar mic and drums for beatles rock band, so I dont want to just abandon that. There are also like a few games (Alan Wake comes to mind immediately) that are exclusives that I was interested in that I never got to try. So I do want a new Xbox after all.  So my question is, which do I get, its been awhile since I last shopped for a new console that had many versions of itself. I know the new redesigned on just came out, but i already have one of those ridiculously expensive pieces that makes my xbox wireless, so the built in wifi is not a selling point. Keep in mind, I want a new Xbox, but I am not realistically going to use it much. Should I just say fuck it and buy an arcade unit with no hard drive and just put in my old one? I want to have a harddrive one way or another.  Thanks guys! "
    If you have both harddrive and wifi adapter then Arcade should be your best choice imo.
    Donkey_Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Donkey_Kong

I would buy this on ebay correct? I think stores have stopped selling all xboxs that arent the new redesign. Correct?

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By tracerace11
    @Donkey_Kong: I dont think so, i think that they just dropped prices for older models $50 bucks.... which is another good reason to get arcade edition.  Its gonna be 150 new... prob can get a refurb for 130.... but def correct me if im wrong.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Bollard

I'm sure you can find an arcade somewhere online new that isn't ebay. Also, as everyone has said, if you have wifi and hdd then arcade is best - plus the newer models don't red ring any more anyway.

Donkey_Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Donkey_Kong

On Amazon, you can get a brand new arcade with Banjo Kazzoie and Viva Pinata for 150. I have Viva Pinata, but i have always wanted banjo. This may be what i do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.