Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Wireless controller keeps disconnecting

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mrcellophane

Hi all, I know this isn't the official Xbox support forum, but hopefully somebody can help me.

I recently bought a Xbox 360 S, but I have already experienced that my controller is acting weird. It starts flashing the ring around the "xbox-button" in a way which normally indicates low battery, but the on-screen battery indicator shows that I have plenty of battery left. Sporadically the controller also disconnects, so I have to turn it on again.
    In other words: It acts like it's on low battery, despit the fact that there's plenty of battery left.

Now, I've been googling around a little, and found this page, which seems to describe my problem. I haven't tried with new batteries yet, but I'm thinking of doing that next. That page also talks about inteference - my 360 is placed right next to my PS3 which is placed right next to my wireless router. Could that cause controller interference?

I'm very on guard about this right now, as I just bought the console so if there's something inherently wrong with the controller, I want to return it as fast as possible.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

It's probably the abundance of wireless equipment you have stacked up. It is possible, however, that your controller may just be funky. I'd say try to move things around, if it still does it, take refund action.

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lev

Personally, I would try with new batteries before anything else.

The on-screen indicator for battery life is not accurate at all. It often reports my rechargeable batteries at higher life than they have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.