Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Object » linked to 12 games

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation. It appears as an in-game item in several games.

Buying a 360 (what games should I get?)

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have a bit of free cash at the minute an I am planning on visiting the games from the last gen that I missed, I had a PS3 now a PS4 and fairly competent pc.

Can any body give me recommendation for games to play that are exclusive to 360?

I already have a small list of my own,

1. Ace Combat 6: I have played all Ace Combat up to this point, not much after so this has always been my main motivation for having a 360 (weird I know)

2. I have never played a Halo game ( never knew anyone who had a 360 and like Halo )

3. Gears of War (played a bit of two with some college friends and I liked it.

Is there any other exclusives that I am missing out on?

I’m planning to buy the console new and all of the games second had of amazon.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Rising was great when it came out, since then every other big company and indie dev has done an open world zombie game, and it of course is on sequel 3 now, not including all the DLC's so the magic it had when it first came out of "HOLY SHIT, LOOK AT ALL OF THE ZOMBIES ON SCREEN, AND IT'S SANDBOX? THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!" may have worn off, but I think it's worth checking out still, it can be really hard at times (respawning convict assholes) but running around, killing zombies, trying to get the survivors to safety and unraveling the story is all still fun.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My votes go to Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, Fable 2, Viva Pinata and Forza Horizon and Forza 3 or 4.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata are must haves.

Don't ignore Halo Wars in your search for Halo games. Very fun, especially in co-op.

If you like JRPGs Lost Odyssey was fun, though I didn't complete it so can't speak for how it plays out. I know enough people who played it fully and loved it to recommend it though.

Crackdown and Fable 2 were fun at the time, though I imagine each of them have aged horrendously. Still, it will be cheap so maybe worth a punt.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should play at least 1 launch game, and that game should be Condemned: Criminal Origins.

It had a weird smattering of exclusive JRPGs if you are into that sort of thing, notably Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery. I think Lost Odyssey was actually a really strong title.

Culdcept Saga is an incredibly robust card game/board game/strategy title if that holds interest for you.

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja is almost a Naruto Assasin's Creed game, if you have any interest in that IP.

Shadow Complex is (I think) xbla only, but man, really strong metroidvania title.

You know looking through the X360 exclusive list shows it to be fairly sparse outside of Halo and Gears, but it was my box of choice for that generation so I played everything on it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
    • Alan Wake
    • Fable: Anniversary (if you haven't played or loved Fable: The Lost Chapters)
    • Fable 2
    • Fable 3
    • Tales of Vesperia
    • Gears of War 1-3

Shadow Complex also, but that is a downloadable title.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Condemned: Criminal Origins
    Viva Pinata
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Fable 2
    Forza 4
    Forza Horizon.
    Halo 3

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get Xbox Live Gold and get everything they put up for the games with gold, it's a way to build up your library for limited investment.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Alan Wake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts too. I got it a few days ago. It's really fun but BOY is it frustrating sometimes.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rich666

For the 360 I would recommend the following:

-Dark Souls 1 & 2 (on any platform really)

-Alan Wake

-Halo 3

-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

-Dust: An Elyssian Tail

-Gears of War 1 2 & 3

-Bioshock

-Halo: Reach

I know there are a few im forgetting but this is what came to mind. Hope this helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you care for JRPGs, you should absolutely get Lost Odyssey.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Halo and Gears of War series are very fun multiplayer shooters.

Shadow Complex is an excellent metroidvania game that is exclusive to Xbox 360 Arcade. Unfortunately it ends on a cliffhanger, and I'm pretty sure Epic cancelled development on the game because I haven't heard about it since a Game Informer article in like 2012 that mentioned they were making a sequel.

If you're into racing games that aren't too arcadey but not too realistic then the Forza games are pretty good.

Tales of Vesperia is a great action rpg that I still need to go finish.

I don't really know what Viva Piñata is but I know people who loved the two main games in the series.

Alan Wake is an interesting third person shooter/horror game that a lot of really people liked. I never played it.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you had a PS3, but if you haven't played Red Dead Redemption, that game is a MUST.

Krafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Complex, Dead Rising, The Witcher 2 and, Left for Dead 1 & 2

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some good suggestions have already been made, such as the Halo series, the Gears series, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata and Dust. I would add The Dishwasher to that (XBLA title). Great gameplay.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'll second Fable 2. That game was one of the best exclusives of the last generation.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everybody, I have played Alan Wake and Left 4 Dead on PC and yes I played Red Dead. Ok list is getting bigger, thanks

Is there much point going back to the 360 forza as this point? I just got Project Cars so I think that's gonna fill up any racing itch I have in future and I spent a lot of time with GT5 when it came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.