Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Object » linked to 12 games

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation. It appears as an in-game item in several games.

Recommended games for a new console owner.

groposo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By groposo

Hey guys, my wife has recently gotten an Xbox 360 for us. But I've spent my whole life playig pc games, except for the Master System and Genesis that I had when I was little. Therefore I have no idea which games were a must play in this last generation of consoles that didn't come out on pc. So I'm coming to you asking for help. We already plan on getting MK9 and Injustice. The only game I can think of is Halo but we tend not to like shooters that much.

Thanks in advance, all suggestions are appreciated. And sorry for the english.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you enjoy RPG's can I suggest Lost Odyssey. It's a exclusive, and probably one of my favourite games. The writting for the side mission stories (memories) is some of the best writting I have seen. Made even better accompanied with steller music.The music is from Nobuo Uematsu who provided the music for most of the Final Fantasy titles. His best work is displayed here in Lost Odyssey.

The gameplay is very much like the Final Fantasy games with its turn based combat, but as with the other Final Fantasy games, Lost Odyssey has its own little differences. The "ring system" is new. It's where you have to time your attacks to get them to do the optimum damage.

I highly suggest looking into the game. Plus I think it's rather cheap now? I bought it on release, but I'm sure you wont have to dig around too hard to get a copy.

Let me know what you think :)

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By audiosnow
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

Bayonetta and Vanquish. The most stylish games of last generation.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure, Gears of War 3, Halo Wars, Forza Horizon 2

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm just going to assume you're looking for games that didn't come to pc or are exclusive to 360.

Shadow Complex is one of the best Metroidvanias if you're into those.

Gears of War is a great series of fun co op third person shooters.

I know you said you didn't like shooters, but Halo is one of the best series in the business.

The Geometry Wars games are my favorite dual stick shooters. They're very colorful and have some very interesting modes.

Tales of Vesperia is a cool jrpg that isn't turn based. The battles happen in realtime,so you can dodge attacks and attack whenever you want.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Alan Wake

Banjo kazooie: nuts and bolts

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zombie2011

Forza: Horizon

I heard Horizon 2 doesn't run as well on a 360 so i would just get the 1st one.

Red Dead

Bayonetta

Enslaved

Avatar image for themightyskullboy
    TheMightySkullboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Awesome Diablo style Marvel game. Probably the best Avengers game we'll ever get.

Earth Defense Force - Budget, but dumb fun.

Rock Band - Might not be cost or space effective, but was loads of fun and probably not a thing you could do on PC.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

• Lost Odyssey
    • Catherine
    • Blue Dragon
    • Resonance of Fate
    • Eternal Sonata
    • Tales of Vesperia
    KyleBsure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• ilomilo
    • Fez
    • Castle Crashers
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. Super fun side-scrolling brawler.

groposo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow duders, thank you so much. A lot of good suggestions. I live in Brasil so I'm gonna see which ones I can find without having to import. I had completely forgotten about Nuts & Bolts, thanks for reminding me.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I can't agree with those Lost Odyssey recommendations. If you've played a lot of JRPGs, Lost Odyssey brings nothing new to the table. The combat system is bland, the characters aren't memorable, and the best part of the game is the short story segments which are a pain to read on a TV. Maybe it's a good introduction to the genre.

Tales of Vesperia is fantastic though. If you've got time for on 360 JRPG, let it be this one! (And you'll need a LOT of time. Game is long.) Quality-wise, its leagues above any other Tales game.

Fable 2 I really liked, but I wonder if it holds up at all. I could definitely see it being a game that's hard to go back to.

The Gears games are fun rentals. If you've played other 3rd person shooters though, skip Gears 1. It just doesn't hold up in any respect. And the story and characters are so stupid anyway that you aren't missing anything. But 2 and 3 are very fun mechanically. Had a lot of fun with Horde mode online, but not sure how active those communities still are. And not sure how friendly they'd be to newcomers.

Halo: Reach is everything that made Halo great. Maybe Bungie's finest work.

Bayonetta! The height of third person action games. You want to play it on the 360 cause the PS3 version is garbage.

Shadow Complex is awesome. The story and characters are garbage, but the game is a joy to play.

I had tons of fun with the first Viva Pinata game. This is one game where the achievements really enhance your experience. They give you goals in what is essentially a goalless game.

If you've never played Rez before, it's a worthwhile experience. The last level in particular definitely made me feel synesthesia. And if you dig Rez, give Child of Light a try too.

If you've never played Dark Souls before, try it!

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass effect 1, 2, and 3! Oh how I would love to play ME 2 for the first time all over again.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@corevi said:

Bayonetta and Vanquish. The most stylish games of last generation.

Yup! Vanquish is a little overhyped on these forums but it's still a pretty fun game. Bayonetta is damn near perfect.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears of War 1, 2 and 3 make for great co-op games. They're really fun to play, have a decent story and the co-op only adds to the enjoyment.

Red Dead Redemption is probably my game of that generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dragons dogma. I recommend getting this now! It has its jank but it's an open world game, the combat is amazing and the story is amazing in a Japanese crazy way.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Alan Wake, Forza, Halo, Gears of War.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Red Dead Redemption is probably my game of that generation.

This. Some classics yet to be mentioned:

GTA V, Far Cry 3, Burnout: Revenge and/or Burnout: Paradise, Hitman HD collection, and Project Gotham Racing 3 and/or 4.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Jeust

I recommend:

• the Fable franchise (Fable Anniversary, Fable 2 and Fable 3);
    • Alan Wake;
    • Dead Space;
    • Fallout 3;
    • Elder Scrolls: Skyrim;
    • Deadly Premonition;
    • Lost Odyssey (if you like classic Final Fantasy games);
    • Catherine;
    • Shadow Complex;
    • Bioshock Infinite (Bioshock and Bioshock 2 if you like it);
    • Bulltetstorm;
    • Dishonored;
    • Deux Ex: Human Revolutions;
    • Dark Souls;
    • Alan Wake: American Nightmare.
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jeust: All of those except Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Catherine and Shadow Complex came out on PC.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Jeust

@corevi said:

@jeust: All of those except Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Catherine and Shadow Complex came out on PC.

yeah, that's true. I missed the part where the original poster asked for games that didn't came out on PC last gen.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously I would say to check out Gears of War. At least get the first one, you can get it extremely cheap now, and see how you like it. I loved the story that trilogy told and had fun throughout. Even if there was no online in that game it would still probably be my favorite series from the last-gen consoles.

Tales of Vesperia is a fantastic JRPG. If you ever played a Tales of game and enjoyed it then that's for you.

Shadow Complex is great too.

Those are the first three that come to mind that wont rely heavily on online play to enjoy.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales of Vespria, Lost Odyssey, Shadow Complex, Geometry Wars 2, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Dark Souls 1 & 2, Bulletstorm, MGS Collection, DMC Collection, Dead Space, BioShock, Dead Rising, Fable 2, Burnout Paradise, Red Dead Redemption, Forza Horizon, Forza 3, Dragon's Dogma, Sakte 2 or 3, Mass Effect 2, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and so many more XBLA games. Some of them are on PC but not all of them, games like Rocket Riot, Darkstalkers, Scott Pilgrim, Bangai-O HD, Galaga Legions, Lumines Live (the PS4 game is better, but oh well), Kinect Party, NFL Blitz, Radiant Silvergun, Phantasy Star II, Qix++, Rez HD, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Space Invaders Extreme, Splosion Man, The Maw, SVC Monster World, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic CD, Soul Calibur I & II, Stacking, Skullgirls, Sine Mora, Shank 2.....yeah.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock Band. The fortunate thing about the 360 is that Rock Band is affordable on that system. Trying to track down Rock Band 3 on the PS3 that's not $75US for a used copy is impossible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.