Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

E3 2009 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#751  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @natetodamax said:
    "
    @Kankaku said:
    " It was the best conference in a long time "
    Agreed "
    meh. entertaining, yes. it was easily the best designed show out of the big three conferences. but that doesn't mean it had the best content. 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#752  Edited By kush

It's awesome to have a MS press conference where Halo is one of the least exciting parts of it...I can only imagine how much more spammy Major Nelson's Twitter is going to be now that Twitter has partnered with MS...that shit is going to be ridiculous!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#753  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Pibo47 said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " It was a good conference, but certainly not the best, Sony did a far better job at appeasing the full array of it's audience. Microsoft wasted time on Twitter shit and whatnot, basically stuff that people at e3 care little about. "
    I thought the last.fm and facebook parts were awesome...Q: When the hell is all this facebook, movies and all the other crazy coming out BTW? "

There is no doubt they are great additions,  I just don't think the crowd at E3 want to hear about it that much, so your better off telling the community directly elsewhere and using that time more productively on other things.  The cheer from the crowd came from those that use Twitter, I know many people in games journalism like using it ^ ^

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#754  Edited By Eelcire

Overall a solid conference, but I'd have to agree in that less time should have been spent on twitter/facebook and instead feature other games. I was really hoping for information on Ninety-Nine Nights II or maybe some more on Bioshock 2; and there was no mention of Community Games either. Other than that though the conference had a good flow to it and didn't get boring.

A much better E3 for all involved.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#755  Edited By kush

Thinking about the MS press conference right now...I think the biggest disappointment for me was the lack of any XNA Community Games discussion. I would have loved to see something new on that front, but maybe they're already kind of giving up on it.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#756  Edited By RandomHero666

Does anyone know if they mentioned Sky on xbox live?.

I saw it on Inside Xbox a week ago, saying that soon.. sky tv will be available to watch on your xbox, live and on-demand.
    After about half an hour it was taken off though, i'd really like to know wtf it was about and if its true.
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#757  Edited By Lashe
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " Does anyone know if they mentioned Sky on xbox live?.
    I saw it on Inside Xbox a week ago, saying that soon.. sky tv will be available to watch on your xbox, live and on-demand.
    After about half an hour it was taken off though, i'd really like to know wtf it was about and if its true.
    "
    They did and they showed a snipped running Sky Sports. Looked great. Looks like it will be a feature as part of Autumn update and then you'll basically use the 360 as a set top box. The Sky subscription is still necessary of course.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758  Edited By RandomHero666
    @Lashe said:
    "
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " Does anyone know if they mentioned Sky on xbox live?.
    "
    They did and they showed a snipped running Sky Sports. Looked great. Looks like it will be a feature as part of Autumn update and then you'll basically use the 360 as a set top box. The Sky subscription is still necessary of course. "
    Yes!! Brilliant, i don't have an active phone line.. wonder will they include the naughty channels..
    /me hopes so

Thank you Sire..
    FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By FreeTWOGame

This has probably been said to death but it seems odd that Microsoft would say that whole thing about "These next games are only found on the Xbox 360" and two of the games they showed are confirmed to be on the PC. Unless Alan Wake on the PC has been canceled.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#760  Edited By KamasamaK
    @FreeTWOGame: Yes, it's been pointed out. And there were actually four games that will be on PC -- the other three are Metal Gear Solid: Rising (also on PS3), Left 4 Dead 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#761  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Am I the only one that does not care about all this motion crap.

I play video games to relax and have fun. If i want to do shit, I leave me house.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762  Edited By RandomHero666
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Am I the only one that does not care about all this motion crap.I play video games to relax and have fun. If i want to do shit, I leave me house. "
    i agree, its pretty hard to relax in bed and play games if u have to move.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @RandomHero666 said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Am I the only one that does not care about all this motion crap.I play video games to relax and have fun. If i want to do shit, I leave me house. "
    i agree, its pretty hard to relax in bed and play games if u have to move. "
    Thank you... i play games to relax and have fun...
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#764  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    A lot of people don't, but from a business standpoint Nintendo is making tons of money. So companies end up thinking that if they copy what Nintendo is doing, they can get a piece of their giant pie. I think that's a mistake. I think MS should be going in the completely opposite direction.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @Alex_Murphy said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    A lot of people don't, but from a business standpoint Nintendo is making tons of money. So companies end up thinking that if they copy what Nintendo is doing, they can get a piece of their giant pie. I think that's a mistake. I think MS should be going in the completely opposite direction. "
    I really hope it dies down... this is horrible..
    FreeTWOGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By FreeTWOGame
    @FreeTWOGame said:
    " This has probably been said to death but it seems odd that Microsoft would say that whole thing about "These next games are only found on the Xbox 360" and two of the games they showed are confirmed to be on the PC. Unless Alan Wake on the PC has been canceled. "
    don't normally bump old threads, but it looks like I sadly called the Alan Wake thing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.