Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Vulgar people.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

My sister was just playing SF2HD and as she was playing, I tripped over the cable and powered it down, obviously. No big deal I thought, it's only a game. I plug it all back in and set her back off to go. Upon returning, there's a voice message from a guy calling her a "Fucking shit bastard". I can only presume it's a disconnect loss/win thing, but regardless, why do people get so worked up over that, and get so angry at video games.

I say this as she's only 8 years old, and for someone to be so offensive is ridiculous.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fallen189

Indeed sir. She goes on to play a few games of SF online, and gets harassed by this. It's such a foreign concept to me, getting so worked up as to record a message and insult someone like that.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By maxszy

Immature people with the power of anonymity is a bad, bad thing.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

Yeah people can be real douches about stuff like that.

The saddest thing about it is - most of these people wouldn't even bat an eye lid at you in real life.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alexander

I don't see why MS can't crack down on things like this. It's one thing getting abuse mid-game, but where someone sends you an offensive message, it should be made available to moderators as soon as a complaint is made.

Did the TC file a complaint?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, having people disconnect during ranked matches is pretty aggravating, so I see where this guy was coming from. Although whenever it happens to ME, I usually send them a calm text message saying something like

"Pulling the plug because you're loosing? Not cool, man." Then I usually get one of 2 responses. Ether something like "Sorry, i've got a bad connection, it was a mistake." then that's fine. Or I get something like "Hahahah QQ Fuck you cry" then I send back something nasty and give them a bad feedback.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen189

I sent the complaint ASAP, hopefully something will happen :)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pause422

XBL is the worst when it comes to this as pretty much everyone knows by now. Its just something you have to accept. I'm not gonna act like that message was just at all, but to him I'm guessing he just saw a player who chose to disconnect before they lost and got really pissed off.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jNerd
    Fallen189 said:
    "My sister was just playing SF2HD and as she was playing, I tripped over the cable and powered it down, obviously. No big deal I thought, it's only a game. I plug it all back in and set her back off to go. Upon returning, there's a voice message from a guy calling her a "Fucking shit bastard". I can only presume it's a disconnect loss/win thing, but regardless, why do people get so worked up over that, and get so angry at video games.I say this as she's only 8 years old, and for someone to be so offensive is ridiculous."
    I think you should've known the risk before letting your 8yr old little sister play on Xbox Live.......
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I've had someone say something along the lines of "I'm going to track you down and stab you in the face you fucking wanker". Being an adult this sort of thing is easy to take and ignore, but you really shouldn't let an 8 year old child on live.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    MattyFTM said:
    "I've had someone say something along the lines of "I'm going to track you down and stab you in the face you fucking wanker". Being an adult this sort of thing is easy to take and ignore, but you really shouldn't let an 8 year old child on live."
    Did you ever get stabbed in the face?
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By guiseppe

Well, personally I HATE it when people I'm about to beat disconnect from the game. So I can understand him/her not being too happy about it. Still, you don't need to be like that.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    TooWalrus said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "I've had someone say something along the lines of "I'm going to track you down and stab you in the face you fucking wanker". Being an adult this sort of thing is easy to take and ignore, but you really shouldn't let an 8 year old child on live."
    Did you ever get stabbed in the face?"
    Guess.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
    MattyFTM said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    Guess."
    Damn. I'm sorry Matty, which eye did he get?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    TooWalrus said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    Guess."
    Damn. I'm sorry Matty, which eye did he get?"
    You guessed wrong :P
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo

After playing the PS3 for a while, I actually savour the lack of voice communications. The only people with mics on the PS3 are people who give a damn about tactics in-game.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Scooper

He probably thought you were the jerk for quitting before a match was over. He had no reason to believe otherwise. I'm not defending him, it doesn't matter if someone disconnects, you may not recieve your win but you shouldn't go on a vendetta against them sending them terrible voice messages.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By subject2change
    Gizmo said:
    "After playing the PS3 for a while, I actually savour the lack of voice communications. The only people with mics on the PS3 are people who give a damn about tactics in-game."
    For the most part, I do hear the occasional retard in Killzone2 but its not nearly as bad. However I don't talk as much as I used to on my PC but I guess thats a good thing...
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60

Don't D/C.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By End_Boss

CL60 said:

"Don't D/C."

Worst response ever.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallen189

She's just a child playing a video game, Boggles my mind.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
    Gizmo said:
    "After playing the PS3 for a while, I actually savour the lack of voice communications. The only people with mics on the PS3 are people who give a damn about tactics in-game."
    Yes. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again -- no packaged mic was actually one of the selling points of the PS3 to me.

I just found this article that I think people in this thread will appreciate.

http://www.angry-gamers.net/game-articles/xbox-articles/idiots-xbox-live.htm
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PureRok
    Guyzea said:
    "Well you can block all messages from anyone and block voice chat in the privacy settings I believe. That way you never have to hear anyone that is not on your friends list or anyone at all. I think that you can also set up a child account that will do all of this for you."
    I was just about to suggest this. If your sister is playing on her own account you can definitely do this and you won't have to worry about her being abused.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By breadfan

The internet is a place full of jackasses and being anonymous only adds to this behavior.  Whenever I get a message like that I just file a complaint and if I'm playing with some friends I have them do the same. 

One time in Call of Duty 4 me and my friends were playing and the other team was stacked so it was like 6-3 and we lost.  So i get this message from a kid on the other team saying something along the lines of 'kid your nothing, just nothing' so the next game comes around even teams.  I kill him a few times and he quits the match, so I send him the same message.  He replies by saying he will hack my account come to my house and stab me in my sleep.  So yeah there are a lot of weirdos and immature people on Xbox and everywhere else kids can hide behind a TV/Monitor.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jkz

Sometimes I lose faith in humanity based on my time on live.

Sometimes I wish they actually enforced age laws in video games, then mature games would only be played by mature people. Then again, I've been playing mature games for far longer than I was at the suggested age, but at leats I wasn't a prick who went around feeling e-powerful and sending vulgar messages to people.

It is indeed disheartening
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crunchUK
    Fallen189 said:
    "My sister was just playing SF2HD and as she was playing, I tripped over the cable and powered it down, obviously. No big deal I thought, it's only a game. I plug it all back in and set her back off to go. Upon returning, there's a voice message from a guy calling her a "Fucking shit bastard". I can only presume it's a disconnect loss/win thing, but regardless, why do people get so worked up over that, and get so angry at video games.I say this as she's only 8 years old, and for someone to be so offensive is ridiculous."
    JacobBrodersen said:
    "Sadly this is a reality that you just have to live with. People are incredible jerks on the internet. I was playing SF4 about a month ago and the power went out in the whole building, and when it finally came back the day after, i had a message from the guy saying i was a "f**king p*ssy f*ggot".... all you can do is ignore it really."
    Funny.... i thought people trash talked when they lost..............

Anyway i know i am in a moinority but these people are so easy to aggravate it's impossible not to BECAUSE IT'S SO FUNNY. In halo 3 whenever someone trash talks me and tells me to 1v1 him so he can "rape me" i always use my "special" guardian map variant with my opponent getting spawnkilled over and over because he keeps respawning on a floating box in the middle of nowhere meanwhile i am parked on an infinitely respawning overshield. Then they quit. Fun stuff.

Although i did beat this guy legitimately once. He was in a sorry state after - rambling and raving.

Oh and you actually find nice and awesome people sometimes. It's just a case of finding them. And by that i mean squad battle and team objective :P
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CL60
    End_Boss said:
    "

CL60 said:

"Don't D/C."

Worst response ever.

"
    moar like bestest.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By dsplayer1010
    Fallen189 said:
    "I sent the complaint ASAP, hopefully something will happen :)"
    It usually doesn't.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By RandomHero666

Im guessin ur gamer region is underground??

I once got a message from a mexican guy calling me a "fat american donut", after messagin him back a few times tellin him in not American, he apologised for calling me that and a beeeeeatch.

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IVIorpheus
    get2sammyb said:

The pic pretty much sums up people on Live....
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheMustacheHero

That's the reason I stay away from fighting games, 1. because I don't think they're fun, and 2. If you go online, you will always be matched up with some guy who knows every combo and absolutely rapes you and then if you even disconnect and have to leave for like an appointment or something, they will get so mad it's ridiculous, I mean..seriously, it's a game.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RetroIce4

There are people on XBL all the time that act like that. It sucks. I know, but I just ignore em'.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Azteck

It's a shame some people go haywire with the voice chat and just flame anyone and anything. Those are hard to ignore.. but mostly we have that shiny mute button to our help.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

thats why most xbox users are a bunch of little retards

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#38  Edited By the8bitNacho

Not to beat a dead horse with a stick or anything, but...

Avatar image for perrytheusnavysailor
    perrytheusnavysailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey when me and my friends play xbox we cuss like a bunch of sailors..... oh shit....we are a bunch of sailors.... and all my marine coworkers/ buddies cuss a lot too... so much so that "curse words" are nothing more than normal everyday words to us and everyone at the shop/in the military...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.