Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Getting pumped for launch?

• 65 results
    ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey,

So I need your help people! I'm trying to get pumped in a way that warrants the 500 euros that are about to leave my bank account next month. Don't get me wrong, I've had ps3 and 360 this gen and loved my 360 the most; it gave me some of the best gaming experiences ever, especially due to XBL's better service, a lot of that was multiplayer.

Now, I actually only have one friend getting the One, which doesn't bode well for multiplayer. Moreover, I'm a bit worried that I'm subconsciously way too motivated by the pretty awful Day One achievement than a psychologically healthy person should be.

Sooo, let's collect some good reasons to get loud pumped for launch!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It won't be coming to the country I live in until this time next year!

I'm pumped?!?

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pumped for launch...of the PS4. I'll eventually get an Xbox One, but right now, I'm looking forward to Shadow Fall the most. Also, the $100 less price point is just too tantalizing for me and my limited budget. I can get the console and a game and still spend $40 less than an Xbox One alone. I'm not hating on anybody getting an Xbox One. I'm just saying that I'm not really that excited for it, especially compared to the PS4, which will be the first console I've ever reserved and bought on launch day, barring any colossal fuckups in the manufacturing and distribution department. I still have my doubts that shortages will not be a problem.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Call me in a year or two. Much like the Xbox 360.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SharkEthic

There'll be a quick look of Ryse, which looks terrible, so that'll probably be kinda fun..? Quick looks of bad games are the best!

myxzlplkts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am super pumped for the 22nd. I had considered getting a PS4 and probably will in the future but the launch games on Xbone look just a tad better then the PS4 line up. Then again I am not a huge Killzone fan. I am a little disappointed that Watch_Dogs was delayed but AC IV will fill that void.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pumped because i can't wait for the thing to get in people's hands. But I'm more pumped for when I can actually get one next year!

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im starting to come around to X1 again, still very confused which console to get. Since I have to wait to next year for X1. But yeah. Also, very pumped !! :) kinda confusing reply here.. but :P

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pumped to see how many games don't make it in time for launch!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm pumped for Giant Bomb coverage. It was interesting watching the Wii U stuff when that was released.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I excited about the system? Not really. Am I excited about the shenanigans Giant Bomb will do with both of these console release? Hell ya!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'm excited for both. Nothing quite like a console launch. Won't be until Second Son that I actually get my hands on a next-gen game I really want to play though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It won't be coming to the country I live in until this time next year!

I'm pumped?!?

Yah, ditto.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm pumped to finally get my hands on the new controller, and try some AC multiplayer with it. Nothing like a satisfying X stab to end your day.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks with the countries not getting it :(

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By markini6

X1 is winning it on the games front for me at the moment, but there's still a voice in my head that says "the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper, and will have Infamous". Will wait till November 15th (I'm in the UK so will benefit from US reviews) before making my decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yay!

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like console launches, so I want to get excited about these consoles... but I'm not. I have preorders for both and I'm just not at all interested in any of the games aside from Killer Instict. And that's purely motivated by the fun I had with the previous one with my brother. Playing the new one by myself doesn't sound very fun at all...

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

@markini6 said:

X1 is winning it on the games front for me at the moment, but there's still a voice in my head that says "the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper, and will have Infamous". Will wait till November 15th (I'm in the UK so will benefit from US reviews) before making my decision.

That's what sold it for me. It's cheaper, more powerful, and has more games that I want to play. I was an avid 360 supporter this gen but next gen I'm going to have to go with Sony...at least at first. I'm sure I'll get a Xbox One eventually.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this new media is definitely making it hard for me to wait until next year. The line-up is really great. Ryse, KI, Forza, DR3, Powerstar Golf, AC4, and either COD or BF4....yumm. It's definitely one of the best launch line-ups ever, if not the best. At least I can take solace in that I'll have more time to save and not get killed this Christmas. That would be a lot of money. And I can wait and see which one of those are actually worth dropping the cash, once the dust settles and maybe grab a couple of them used.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Peggle 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more pumped for the PS4, which is weird because i'm also getting an XB1 and I prefer Dead Rising over Killzone. Maby it's Microsoft's terrible marketing.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

I'm more pumped for the PS4, which is weird because i'm also getting an XB1 and I prefer Dead Rising over Killzone. Maby it's Microsoft's terrible marketing.

If you're a gamer who posts on forums, why would you ever listen to marketing? Marketing is for the masses.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

After the hardware issues of the 360 in its first few years of life, I said that I wouldn't get Microsoft's next console at launch. I intend to stick to that. And as long as they foist Kinect on us, I'll likely never bother with it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: We're talking about hype. I dont take much stock in what they say but it hurts my enthusiam about a brand when it's attached to as much bullshit as Microsoft. Also as a G4M3R I dont hold myself above the masses.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Peanut

I was hyped for new consoles like...two weeks again? Then I played Wind Waker HD, saw the new trailer for Super Mario 3D World and played an assload of Pokemon. Now I kind of just want more Nintendo stuff, I guess? I'll probably get hyped again when it's like a day or two before each launch and dive into both launches in totally fucking ecstasy.

So, answer right now is "no" answer in a few weeks "yes".

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this thread was titled, "getting pumped for lunch?" Now I wish it was lunch time.

I guess im excited for the new consoles.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this thread was titled, "getting pumped for lunch?" Now I wish it was lunch time.

Ditto. I'm always more excited for lunch than pretty much anything. If lunch came with console-level leadups and hype trains, I would explode from excitement.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlexGlass

@boozak said:

@alexglass: We're talking about hype. I dont take much stock in what they say but it hurts my enthusiam about a brand when it's attached to as much bullshit as Microsoft. Also as a G4M3R I dont hold myself above the masses.

Well I was just saying I would expect you to be more informed than your average casual fan who buy things off of ads and marketing. A lot of that bullshit is overreaction by bullshitters on the net. It's a stinky bubble that will burst once the games hit and people get their hands on the console and games. None of the pre-launch internet fanboy politics or wars will mean much.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoOzak

@alexglass: I think the main reason i'm less hyped towards the XB1 is the fact that i've played Ryse and that was my one and only experience with the console. (it was bad) Yet the PS4 is still a mystery. Now that i've had time to think about it. The bad marketing doesnt help but it also doesnt mean much. You dont have to be uninformed to be rubbed the wrong way by how a company chooses to advertise it's product. But as i've said i'm getting both so the whole 'console war stink bubble' has little effect on my opinion.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pumped to find out which console runs multiplatform titles better and whether either one suffers from a glaring technical issue again.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• I'm pumped for new hardware
    • I'm pumped for the 22nd (Mario 3D world, Zelda 3DS, XBO)
    • I'm pumped for GB coverage
    • I'm pumped about being pumped!
    AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

@alexglass: I think the main reason i'm less hyped towards the XB1 is the fact that i've played Ryse and that was my one and only experience with the console. (it was bad) Yet the PS4 is still a mystery. Now that i've had time to think about it. The bad marketing doesnt help but it also doesnt mean much. You dont have to be uninformed to be rubbed the wrong way by how a company chooses to advertise it's product. But as i've said i'm getting both so the whole 'console war stink bubble' has little effect on my opinion.

There's a lot of other games than Ryse to get excited about though. Did you play the multiplayer or campaign?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoOzak

@alexglass: Co-op, i'm not against the game. I know not to judge games that arent finished. I would have liked to have played a more recent build of the single player, but that's all they had. And I know there are more games out there, but it doesnt help that that's the only XB1 game I've played. I look forward to DR3, Quantum Break, D4 and Titanfall. If i'd played Drive Club or something and walked away unimpressed I would probably have an equal lack of enthusiam, but I have yet to touch a PS4 controller. Which is probably why i'm more hyped for that console.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlexGlass

@boozak said:

@alexglass: Co-op, i'm not against the game. I know not to judge games that arent finished. I would have liked to have played a more recent build of the single player, but that's all they had. And I know there are more games out there, but it doesnt help that that's the only XB1 game I've played. I look forward to DR3, Quantum Break, D4 and Titanfall. If i'd played Drive Club or something and walked away unimpressed I would probably have an equal lack of enthusiam, but I have yet to touch a PS4 controller. Which is probably why i'm more hyped for that console.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't judge Ryse by that mode especially. I see it much more as a cinematic single player experience with the multiplayer mode being a tacked on extra. It might not help, but you know that. Not to mention, it's clearly been tweaked since then in the shaders and lighting department. The recent video looks fantastic.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I take everything AlexGlass says with a grain of salt since the 600+ posts he's made since he joined not so long ago are almost entirely buzzword filled praise for the new Xbox. He seems to almost think it's his job to get people pumped about the Xbox release.......

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I take everything AlexGlass says with a grain of salt since the 600+ posts he's made since he joined not so long ago are almost entirely buzzword filledpraise for the new Xbox. He seems to almost think it's his job to get people pumped about the Xbox release.......

I see where you are going there.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal said:

Personally, I take everything AlexGlass says with a grain of salt since the 600+ posts he's made since he joined not so long ago are almost entirely buzzword filledpraise for the new Xbox. He seems to almost think it's his job to get people pumped about the Xbox release.......

Why, whatsoever do you mean!?!?

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass said:

@sinusoidal said:

I know right! I can totally see why it's especially suspicious when someone posts fact-checked, informative posts, and share new, accurate information about the console they're interested in to the best of their abilities, the tech or the games they like. Then they have the freaking NERVE to create sentences at above a middle school level, while mixing it with genuine excitement and enthusiasm while trying to stay away from getting into pissing contests!!! The internet seems to be no place for such things. Gotta watch out for those!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal said:

@alexglass said:

@sinusoidal said:

I know right! I can totally see why it's especially suspicious when someone posts fact-checked, informative posts, and share new, accurate information about the console they're interested in to the best of their abilities, the tech or the games they like. Then they have the freaking NERVE to create sentences at above a middle school level, while mixing it with genuine excitement and enthusiasm while trying to stay away from getting into pissing contests!!! The internet seems to be no place for such things. Gotta watch out for those!

You've posted absolutely nothing about the tech or the games you like. Every single one of your posts is about tech and games that haven't even been released yet, are unfailingly praise for some aspect of Microsoft's Xbox 1 campaign and universally read like thinly-veiled advertisements. Maybe if for once you blathered about some old Nintendo game you liked, or ranted about the declining quality and quantity of couch co-op games I'd have more faith in your unwavering loyalty to Microsoft and all its subsidiaries.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AlexGlass

@sinusoidal said:

@alexglass said:

@sinusoidal said:

@alexglass said:

@sinusoidal said:

You've posted absolutely nothing about the tech or the games you like. Every single one of your posts is about tech and games that haven't even been released yet, are unfailingly praise for some aspect of Microsoft's Xbox 1 campaign and universally read like thinly-veiled advertisements. Maybe if for once you blathered about some old Nintendo game you liked, or ranted about the declining quality and quantity of couch co-op games I'd have more faith in your unwavering loyalty to Microsoft and all its subsidiaries.

As "perceptive and observant" as you appear to be it's not even worth my time. Live in ignorance with your tinfoil hat on. It's much more fun for both of us. Well at least for me.

PS: And if we're talking about old, really old, I'd probably more likely be talking about Sega. Don't worry though, as soon as I buy one I won't be posting as much about it until next generation. Then I'll be spending most of this time doing what I do with those games now: play them! Oh and I never really cared much for couch co-op games...which is why I loved Xbox Live and Gears...oh wait...damn I did it again!!!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm super pumped about the 22nd. I've played both consoles and I think both console owners have loads to look forward to! But, personally, I'm ridiculously excited about getting hands on with Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon and I can only do those with an Xbox One.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AlexGlass

@bibamatt said:

I'm super pumped about the 22nd. I've played both consoles and I think both console owners have loads to look forward to! But, personally, I'm ridiculously excited about getting hands on with Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon and I can only do those with an Xbox One.

How dare you! Stop trying to cash in on my territory dude. Kids gotta eat.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coming to the 5 countries in Europe who has the most buying power in March next year. Good job, MS...

Might pick it up down the road(3-4 years)

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Franstone

I can't wait, this last month is going to feel like an eternity...
    I've always gotten excited for this stuff like a kid on Christmas and I'm a grown ass man, hah.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm super pumped...

to watch GB's launch day coverage. Definitely not getting an XOne, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.