Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

No more bad behavior online on Xbox One! [Update]

• 104 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@animasta said:

It isn't impossible that with this, there would be more granularity with bans; they might just introduce temporary suspensions or warnings.

That would be the hope if this were to be put in place. But I feel that there is no situation where someone, no matter what they say online (minus crazy stuff like death threats), should lose access to their physical games.

@the_laughing_man said:

And the fun comes to a close.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/345775456009740288

It was a misunderstanding. ...ya..

That Twitter account is confusing, but this would make sense given that there's been no official statement about this elsewhere.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By JasonR86

lol. What the fuck ever.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By EXTomar

I have no idea if this account is legitimate (looks fakey) but this is how Origins works too and why it gets dinged on its reputation compared to Steam. If you have a dispute with EA over your account they can suspend the account and it locks every game installed even if the complaint has nothing to do with those other games.

People were rudely made aware of the policy with SimCity where when they were unhappy with the product and couldn't get a refund. As a last resort some called their credit card company to dispute the charge which made EA suspend the account.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

That page that the Xbox Support guy linked to was no help at all. :c

I dunno, I'd imagine they'd have the same policy in place. Either way, that's really bizarre. Even if I did "earn" the ban, it would be super fucked for me to be unable to access something I payed money for and is sitting on my console's hard drive. (Though I suppose the same goes for Sony in this matter? I assume you're locked out of the full version of your games if you get your butt banned on there, too.)

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hahahaha that is awesome. Admitedly it kinda comes from a shitty place with licenses instead of owning games but still thats hilarious. I would love to see some whiny kid on Xbox Live weeping because his games were taken away because he was racist on Xbox Live.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the update.

From Twitter:

@Laughing__Man_ Sorry for the confusion, that was in regards to Xbox 360.

It's pretty amusing to see how quickly people are willing to latch on to rumors and speculation. It's even more amusing when they're wrong. Doesn't anyone check things out first before they start on a witch hunt anymore?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By TyCobb

Read the update.

From Twitter:

It's pretty amusing to see how quickly people are willing to latch on to rumors and speculation. It's even more amusing when they're wrong. Doesn't anyone check things out first before they start on a witch hunt anymore?

That would slow the witch hunt down. Microsoft swims! It's a witch!

I heard the Xbox even sniffs the network traffic and reports back key packet patterns to the MPAA. It's their way of getting people that aren't internet subscribers of the main companies (Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner) that are already monitoring your traffic. It's fucked!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming this is how they handle it with One:

I'm betting they won't take licenses away from putting things like "fuck bitches get money" in your profile or being a racist shit over the mic. Those antics are usually dealt with a brief suspension that lasts a few days. People who get banned are usually hackers and people who are a danger to other members or the service. As far as I'm concerned Live is much better without those people.

And people should stop heckling Xbox Support about these kind of things. They don't have the authority to make official statements like that.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the update.

From Twitter:

Here is the thing though. What should make it different? Xbox Live will always be Xbox live and through the fact that all your physical games are now basically just digital versions this would apply to this as well. It is not an misunderstanding it is just that they have not said anything about it yet. What makes you honestly believe that this will not also apply to the Xbox one when everything else got way more restricted? Do you really believe they will change this?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@subjugation said:

Read the update.

From Twitter:

Here is the thing though. What should make it different? Xbox Live will always be Xbox live and through the fact that all your physical games are now basically just digital versions this would apply to this as well. It is not an misunderstanding it is just that they have not said anything about it yet. What makes you honestly believe that this will not also apply to the Xbox one when everything else got way more restricted? Do you really believe they will change this?

You are right, it could be the same. It could also be different. The fact of the matter is we don't know. I don't know. You don't know. Pretending that you do in the mean time is completely pointless. I like to wait for things to be official before I go spouting off. I think that's reasonable, don't you?

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@subjugation said:

Read the update.

From Twitter:

You are right, it could be the same. It could also be different. The fact of the matter is we don't know. I don't know. You don't know. Pretending that you do in the mean time is completely pointless. I like to wait for things to be official before I go spouting off. I think that's reasonable, don't you?

It's called 'speculating'. It's a thing. Less than a fraction of the people in this thread are going mungo. We could all take a year off and know for certain about the entire console & all its TOS. But I think that's less fun, don't you?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

This had been speculated before, but it's been confirmed that if someone gets banned on Xbox Live, they will have the licenses to all of their Xbox One games revoked:

No Caption Provided

This means that people will now be extra careful when trying to throw out excessive, derogatory language in Call of Duty!

Edit: Then again, this isn't a true confirmation since it's a nameless Twitter account. It's still the only thing we have to go by right now.

Edit 2: This is looking as though it was just a mistake as user The_Laughing_Man interrogated an Xbox Support account and received the reply that the above was mistakenly referring to the Xbox 360 and not the Xbox One.

After reading a WHOLE lot of tweets last night I kinda wanna say it was a honest mistake. I am guessing that they mixed up two questions. Xboxsupport supposedly has overflow accounts which seem to all be linked.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man, I had kinda hoped this was true.
    "If you act like a stupid fucking asshole, we'll brick your fucking Xbox One, deal with it you waste-of-oxygen-that-could-be-inhaled-by-people-better-than-you. Lots of Love, Microsoft"

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Aw man, I had kinda hoped this was true.

"If you act like a stupid fucking asshole, we'll brick your fucking Xbox One, deal with it you waste-of-oxygen-that-could-be-inhaled-by-people-better-than-you. Lots of Love, Microsoft"

You are a homophobic ass hole. You can no longer order Pizza Hut on your Xbox. Have a nice day. Love MS.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Jeffsekai

So kinda like if I get banned on Steam, or battle.net. oh no!

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shame. As long as they had an appeals process and maybe a three strikes rule - I would be happy if they cracked down on all the sexist, racist, homophobic crap. It is why I don't play online much. With the share functionality you could record some of the abuse so that there is no arguing that it happened.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame. As long as they had an appeals process and maybe a three strikes rule - I would be happy if they cracked down on all the sexist, racist, homophobic crap. It is why I don't play online much. With the share functionality you could record some of the abuse so that there is no arguing that it happened.

Okay maybe an appeals process but no Three Strikes Rule.
    Act like a dick and we break your shit or nothing. Think of how pissed the parents would be "WHAT?I just bought you that console and now you can't use it? Why? I'm calling Microsoft" .. Dad calls, Microsoft gives the answer, Dad hangs up the phone and hopefully beats the living daylight out of his kid

It would be glorious :D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Microsoft needs to learn when to shut their mouths wow...

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlthenimrod said:

So people shouldn't go to prison ever because some people are wrongly convicted?

No Caption Provided

Hahaha.

Microsoft you tits. People get banned unjustifiably on a regular basis. Not only are they removing the concept of ownership, but they now seem to be creating situations where you can loose even that.

Sony appeared at first to merely be an alternative (riding the wave against Microsoft). Unfortunately they now seem our only hope if we want to enjoy games the old fashioned way.

This is all becoming just so fucking ugly

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fluxwavez: so in other words if you are banned deserve it or not we steal everything you paid for yeah that's not going to court really really fast if it ever happens to someone.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: You do know the moment the dad is done beating the son he is going to turn around and sue Microsoft right

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdragonmage99: Not if they clearly state somewhere that "that is how we're doing it now, you get banned, we brick your system"
    Well ok they might still get sued but at least a judge could take a look at the documents and then he could beat the shit out of the dad for not learning how to read when he was young.

It will just be one big massive moshpit of people punching each other.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdragonmage99:

Not if they clearly state somewhere that "that is how we're doing it now, you get banned, we brick your system"

Well ok they might still get sued but at least a judge could take a look at the documents and then he could beat the shit out of the dad for not learning how to read when he was young.

It will just be one big massive moshpit of people punching each other.

Isnt that how the UK does politics?

darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By darkdragonmage99

@zeforgotten: Oh boy are you naive Unless that TOS is there before you blow the non refundable money on the console and the games that TOS isn't' legally binding. A legal contract cannot be obtained by coercion holding hundreds of dollars hostage is coercion. Microsoft would lose which is why they'd settle out of court and we'd never hear about it.

By the way don't kid yourself you cannot return a opened console or game there is not a store out there that will accept that return.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Read the update.

From Twitter:

I'm just enjoying the PR disaster from afar. Watching droves of people go apeshit amuses me.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Except no one gets banned for being an asshole.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By bassman2112
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: Oh boy are you naive Unless that TOS is there before you blow the non refundable money on the console and the games that TOS isn't' legally binding. A legal contract cannot be obtained by coercion holding hundreds of dollars hostage is coercion. Microsoft would lose which is why they'd settle out of court and we'd never hear about it.

By the way don't kid yourself you cannot return a opened console or game there is not a store out there that will accept that return.

Can I make a suggestion? clearly the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life is take everything on the internet so fucking seriously.
    Sit down, shut the fuck up, have a coke, relax a bit and then reread what I wrote and then think for maybe just longer than 1 second this time "Is this guy really wishing that the judge would stand up and punch the father in the face in court?"

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@alternate said:

Act like a dick and we break your shit or nothing. Think of how pissed the parents would be "WHAT?I just bought you that console and now you can't use it? Why? I'm calling Microsoft" .. Dad calls, Microsoft gives the answer, Dad hangs up the phone and hopefully beats the living daylight out of his kid

Tempting as it is to label all of them kids - there are a fair few foul mouthed adults - that act like kids - on XBL.

An appeals process would be clogged if it were the only recourse. Also the occasional slip if forgivable - just ask Ryan - it is persistent trouble makers that are a problem that is not currently dealt with.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zeforgotten

@zeforgotten said:

@alternate said:

Tempting as it is to label all of them kids - there are a fair few foul mouthed adults - that act like kids - on XBL.

An appeals process would be clogged if it were the only recourse. Also the occasional slip if forgivable - just ask Ryan - it is persistent trouble makers that are a problem that is not currently dealt with.

I lable the ones I run in to as kids because of the annoying fucking voices(Not voice changed) that just grate on you like nails on a chalkboard

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So final update and an actual confirmation (I guess?):

Loading Video...

At the 0:49 mark, Major Nelson states that people who are banned from XBL will not lose access to their games. This is actually surprising to me and this whole ordeal has taught me to take the Xbox support Twitter account with a grain of salt? Anyways, this response comes from a more legitimate source so I suppose the status quo of bad behavior in Call of Duty will remain for now.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone trolling the almighty deity that is SOE this shit? ya....

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Microsoft is having a serious PR problem right now, and most of it is on them.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogred: Running with a rumor and treating it as fact makes you look like an idiot. If that's your thing, I'm not going to stop you. Luckily for you there is a video three posts above mine that will save you the trouble.

The whole point of the post was to stop more people jumping on this as fact and unfairly maligning Microsoft. I'd do the same for Sony or Nintendo. I have to ask myself why, because I don't even play consoles. Anyway, I don't have any problem with people airing their grievances as long as they are real. I'm just tired of seeing so much stuff on the internet essentially saying that Microsoft is literally Hitler. I don't care. Let's get back to talking about games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So final update and an actual confirmation (I guess?):

Loading Video...

At the 0:49 mark, Major Nelson states that people who are banned from XBL will not lose access to their games. This is actually surprising to me and this whole ordeal has taught me to take the Xbox support Twitter account with a grain of salt? Anyways, this response comes from a more legitimate source so I suppose the status quo of bad behavior in Call of Duty will remain for now.

Dude, Microsoft's responses in general over the past three weeks should have taught you to take anything said by anyone in the organization with a whole bucket of salt.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogred: Running with a rumor and treating it as fact makes you look like an idiot. If that's your thing, I'm not going to stop you. Luckily for you there is a video three posts above mine that will save you the trouble.

The whole point of the post was to stop more people jumping on this as fact and unfairly maligning Microsoft. I'd do the same for Sony or Nintendo. I have to ask myself why, because I don't even play consoles. Anyway, I don't have any problem with people airing their grievances as long as they are real. I'm just tired of seeing so much stuff on the internet essentially saying that Microsoft is literally Hitler. I don't care. Let's get back to talking about games.

how dare you! not being hive mind! makes you the enemy!....shits so fucked out, and I'm with you

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Anything that makes people act a bit more civil and reserved online is probably a good thing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@humanity said:

Anything that makes people act a bit more civil and reserved online is probably a good thing.

The next time someone calls me a bad name I'm just going to break into their house and steal all their shit. It's totally justified because they weren't civil to me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

The next time someone calls me a bad name I'm just going to break into their house and steal all their shit. It's totally justified because they weren't civil to me.

I'm pretty sure you know exactly how ludicrous and idiotic that comparison is.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By OurSin_360

Xbox isn't going to change it's policy, and if you are banned, you will not have access to your games because they are required a connection to the internet to play anyway. Basically, microsoft dictates when, where, and how you play the games you lease on 'their' system.

Pachtar_Klepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little spoiled, racist 14 years olds.. isn't that their bread and butter, though?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@tycobb said:

@subjugation said:

Read the update.

From Twitter:

That would slow the witch hunt down. Microsoft swims! It's a witch!

I heard the Xbox even sniffs the network traffic and reports back key packet patterns to the MPAA. It's their way of getting people that aren't internet subscribers of the main companies (Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner) that are already monitoring your traffic. It's fucked!

I have nothing to add to this, but I love the sentiment. People will do a two hour hunt into esoteric languages to "get" someone who used the wrong adverb, but claim a multinational corporation is going to make a move that a Captain Planet villain would think is over-the-top and you'll get retweeted 10,000 times before someone asks "Is that accurate?"

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@humanity said:

I'm pretty sure you know exactly how ludicrous and idiotic that comparison is.

No more idiotic and ludicrous than losing goods you pay for because you're an asshole.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By EternalVigil

I like that again Microsoft's different departments send out confusing mixed messages.

What really interests me now that it's been somewhat clarified is if you can still play your games after a Live ban, how does the 24-hour check in work in that case? What services would you still have access to?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@eternalvigil said:

What really interests me now that it's been somewhat clarified is if you can still play your games after a Live ban, how does the 24-hour check in work in that case? What services would you still have access to?

This exactly... seems contradictory to me.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DonPixel

@hailinel said:

@jiggajoe14 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@fluxwavez said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Again I wanna say they are refering to the 360 stuff.

No, the tweet was specifically in response to the Xbox One:

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160

So two different answers for the same question.

Microsoft PR is quite amusing.

It's what comes from a massively bloated corporation with departments that compete directly against each other.

"If we are entertained by what Microsoft chooses to do for its own gain," I suggested, "then that is simply a happy coincidence." Guess what? The coincidence is over.

I got that quote from a Eurogamer article, pretty much sums up the way MS behaves from the Xbone to the W8 charade. link "Microsoft Kills game ownership expect us to smile"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.