Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Every single soldier died.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By adziboy

I'm about 5 hours into the game and lost every single named/class soldier. I have 6 soldiers left, all at starting level. Is it even worth me carrying on this save?

I was doing a basic mission, kill a few guys, dont die. Except my guys missed the kill a few guys bit which let to them not doing the dont die bit. My best sniper who was almost max level missed every shot during the entire level, nearly always above 50% with a few at 80+%, which led to her dying. Once she died, the rest wasted since they were on the front line.

Shall I just restart? I quit the game straight after out of rage and cant be bothered to play if I'm gonna lose every level with some shit soldiers.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl
    @Adziboy If you got descent equipment to give the rookies, are carefull in your aproach, got manageable levels of panic and are playing on normal you should be fine.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002

The game is hard and shit like this happens, but the metagame is balanced in such a way to account for it, you can nearly always recover with careful planning from this point onwards.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Terror missions might be a bitch and you may get a low rating on the council report, but its still possible

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

I was in a situation like that and then had 2 terror missions in a row come up. At that point I went ahead and just scanned till I lost to see the bad ending.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ElCapitan

I thought I was in a lose condition since I was lategame in Ironman Classic, every soldier died, and, even with the Squaddie perk, I lost like five or six straight missions. Now I'm kicking ass and progressing toward endgame.

Sometimes you're in a death spiral, except when you're not. I don't know what your base/finances is like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.