Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

*Minor Story Spoilers* Psi Requirements Different?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

So I finally managed to tame the angry stallion that is XCOM Classic Ironman. I'm all the way up to the Gollop Chamber, my stable is filled to the brim with Colonels of all types, and loads of great soldiers in the making. Two of my buff Colonel dudes are PSI-active, and I got like 3-4 Psi-Babies of various levels. Naturally, the world (what's left of it at this point), is perfectly happy, and protected by an ace brigade of EMP Firestorms. My XCOM forces are steady in the saddle riding this bitch like it was Sunday brunch.

Now when I want to start the final mission, it says I need a powerful PSI-Soldier. Even more powerful than a fully leveled up PSI-Colonel? What's up with that? On normal I was able to start the mission right away. Do I have to keep playing Whack-a-Mole with the Aliens, 'til I get some type of special 'Classic-level' PSI-soldier?

Also - damn, I'm starting to get performance anxiety. One shot at this thing. Boy-oh!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

@Seppli: I think he has to be level 3 psi?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

@BisonHero said:

@Seppli: I think he has to be level 3 psi?

Where exactly can I check that Psi level? Really not looking forward to testing the 50+ soldiers I just ordered from Mercs-R-Us.

If you're talking Psi-Levels, as in unlocking all 3 abilities - as I've said, two of my Psi-dudes are maxed out.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By yinstarrunner

They just need to have Psi-Armor on. Equip one of your psychics and it should be fine. Oh, and I think they might have to be at least rank 2 in psi (that's when they have either inspire or panic).

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Laiv162560asse

Build the Psi Armour and stick it on a guy then you're sorted, as far as I know. That's what I did on my Classic run. I only had one guy at the lowest psi level, but the armour did the trick.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@yinstarrunner said:

They just need to have Psi-Armor on. Equip one of your psychics and it should be fine. Oh, and I think they might have to be at least rank 2 in psi (that's when they have either inspire or panic).

@Laivasse said:

Build the Psi Armour and stick it on a guy then you're sorted, as far as I know. That's what I did on my Classic run. I only had one guy at the lowest psi level, but the armour did the trick.

Ohhhhh, really? Man, I just did that of my own choosing. I didn't even realize it was mandatory for the mission.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funkydupe

Do the Will upgrade boost per rank up in the Foundry and do a mission where you receive a trooper as your reward. The troopers you get as rewards tend to have better stats, like a stronger Will. If a soldier like that turns out to be Psi-capable, he'll do for the Gollop even without psi equipment.

Gah, I think the upgrade was in the Officer's Training and not the Foundry. Mixing the two up.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

Thx guys - guess it's time to drive this puppy home.

Edit: Jup - Psi-Armor did the trick.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funkydupe

Good luck man!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Benny

I'm pretty sure it's 'Will' based and you need a relatively high amount with a soldier that has Psi abilities, the Psi armor gives +20 and that may be what pushes most of you over the threshold for the gollop chamber, it did for me too.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli

@Funkydupe said:

Good luck man!

Done, but luck had nothing to do with it. Time to finally sleep again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.