Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie Driver

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 04, 2009

An old school styled driving game inspired by the original GTA 1 and 2, but now with zombies.

The weapon upgrades feel meaningless.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Nubster

I bought this game in a pack a while ago, mostly to get The Void, but this was a neat little extra. Installed it tonight, played for a few missions. I love the Crazy Taxi-type vibe it gives off, and I like the idea of souping up a car for the apocolypse, so I thought I'd give it a go. 

I'm about four missions in now (just got the flamethrower; what use does it have?), and it really bothers me that you don't have unlimited ammo. Now, I get that unlimited ammo would break the game, but encourage strategic use of the weapons. Have the machine gun fire for a long time, but not be so good at thinning crowds, and the nitrous overheat quickly but let you ram through crowds really fast. It feels like a waste to spend money on these upgrades, only to have them run out after a few encounters. The fact that these weapons are taken from you as soon as you pick up another gets rid of any sense of progress and momentum that you had.  

I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but I don't really want to keep playing. If I payed for an upgraded machine gun, I want it at my disposal all the time.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

i played it for half an hour, almost deleted it and chucked it in the "finished with"cattegory, but i didnt, i might give it another go. then again, it was a part of one of those indy packs for 5bucks last xmas, and those packs had like 5 games each...so not very bothered if i wasted...1 dollar >_>

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Given that you don't have to kill every enemy you encounter, it's not that big a deal. You probably want to upgrade the cars first, and then use the weapons strategically if/when you need them. It's not like it screws you not to have the weapons though, it's an easy campaign.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully

I also got it in the pack. It is a pretty crappy game. I enjoyed the first few missions, and then I gave up on it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SSully said:

I also got it in the pack. It is a pretty crappy game. I enjoyed the first few missions, and then I gave up on it.

the 5bucks pack last xmas, or the current 10buck pack? hopefully it was the 5 ^_^
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SSully

@Rhaknar said:

@SSully said:

the 5bucks pack last xmas, or the current 10buck pack? hopefully it was the 5 ^_^

Haha the 5. I almost bought zombie driver full price after I played the games demo when it came out. Thankfully I realized how stupid of an idea that was.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SSully said:

@Rhaknar said:

@SSully said:

Haha the 5. I almost bought zombie driver full price after I played the games demo when it came out. Thankfully I realized how stupid of an idea that was.

im sure at least ONE of those games in the 5buck pack was worth 5bucks, thats what i love about those indy packs, even if a couple of the games are complete shit (not saying zombie driver is complete shit tho)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.