Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

One Last Question (SPOILERS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mattbodega

THIS IS A SPOILER THREAD! HERE THERE BE ONLY RUIN!

Turn back if you haven't seen the end of the game! (Unless, like, you don't care about the end of the game! That's cool too!)

And with all that out of the way...

So.... what did you guys choose?

Did you use the Bastion to repopulate the city, restore the world, and return the Kid to his former life? Were you willing to turn back the clock, to take a chance that the story would repeat again, and that the world would once again become the victim of the Calamity? Did you attempt to perpetuate the cycle?

OR

Did you escape the city and travel the world? Did you leave the past as it was, and decide that who you are now--and what life is now--is more important that the life you lead before? Did you op to continue your adventures, at the cost of offering true salvation to the world? Did you choose to perpetuate this current life rather than repeat a potential cycle of death and redirection?

And why did you choose that choice you made?

As for me, I went back in time. I opted to restore the city and the world, even if it meant A) someday repeating the actions that would doom the world and B) setting me on an endless quest to repair the world others damaged. I chose to trap the Kid in the cycle and save the city, even if I was losing my current life in the process.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread
    @InertiaticESP
    InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InertiaticESP

We already have a thread for this, it's actually two posts beneath this one. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/bastion/61-32085/how-did-yours-end-thoughts-spoilers/35-507421/#24 

Here's a link. 

You're a staffer so you can merge your post and iDarktreads into that thread right?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iDarktread
    @InertiaticESP: I was actually just typing that link in, and once I was done, I noticed your post first!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.