Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

Can anyone help me with this PS3 issue?

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SirVapesAl0t

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask...

I got given a PS3 last week (7 years behind the times, I know...) and I bought from the Playstation Store Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold edition. This came as a few separate downloads - the game it's self, a dlc pack and a special map.

The issue is, I've downloaded and installed all of them and none of the DLC stuff shows in game?? And in my games list, the game shows with (NPEB-02087) after its name??

I want to buy the season pass for all DLC but scared it won't install like the DLC included!

Can anyone help?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Quipido

Is the the account that you purchased the game on the same as the one you are playing on?

EDIT: I made a quick search and some people with similar issues recomment going to the game data utility, deleting the DLC, then starting the game and download the DLC from there. Looks like you might somehow downloaded the content for a different region than the game. If that's true, that's a fuck up on Sony's side! Something simillar happened to me some time ago, with a DLC from a different region not working for my game. Give it a try.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By dagas

And I thought I was late getting a PS3 in 2012 =)

I've not played Call of Duty on PS3 so I am not sure but did you see the DLC getting installed? Unlike on XBOX 360 (and I assume the new consoles) the PS3 downloads install files but don't always install everything unless you manually click on it. It should be listed in games. If it did install then I don't know what could be wrong. Try going into your download history in the PS Store and re-download the DLC maybe.

Also the PS3 came out in late 2006 in Japan and the US and early 2007 in EU so it is more like nine years than seven. But I still play it. For newer games I play on PC anyway.

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SirVapesAl0t

Thanks guys!!

I think I've downloaded and seen it install about 5 times now! Do downloads ever leave your download list even if you've already downloaded them?

For the delete game data thing, is it the DLC I should delete or the game it's self? Seems a bit untidy to have those numbers and letters after the games name, wondered if it was intentional? Oh it's the same account btw, I only have the one and I factory reset the console before doing anything and did system updates etc

Cheers!

EDIT: THE plot thickens!

I deleted some game data that had a different string after its name starting BES... I loaded the game up, went to Play Online, went to the ingame store bit, bought the season pass and staying withing the ingame store, downloaded all content and installed. Quit the game, went back into it - nothing new shows!!!! :( is it the game it's self? I Googled the NPEB-02087 but have no idea what it relates to? Like I also have The Last Of us bought and downloaded but that doesn't have letters/ numbers after its title?

I'm in the UK if it makes a difference

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I had a similar issue with my PS3 copy of that game and after weeks of trying I gave up on it. In my case I could install the DLC, and it showed up in playlists but I couldn't connect to any other players using it.

The PS3 downloadable version of the game just seems to be a mess, and I should probably just have contacted PlayStation support about it.

Edit: I moved the thread to the Advanced Warfare forums.

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't sound promising for me then...

I went into download list after installing everything, saw that each dlc pack had three downloads, each ending in RP, NA and EA

At a guess I'd say NA is north America, RP Russia Polish and EA East Asia? - but I'm in Europe?

Regardless I downloaded all of them and now I've encountered maps from maybe 2 of the DLCs but still feels like somethings missing and still no sign of the Atlas map...

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That is really weird for sure. I would try to contact support, every time I had an issue they have been actually wuite helpful and you don't even need to call, you can open a live chat (text) and try to sort it out that way. Good luck!

SirVapesAl0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post the fix for this which I found out today for anyone else who struggles!

I emailed Sony PS Support, waited a day and got back a template response saying to ask Activision.

I then rang Playstation support, spoke to a nice Scottish lady who fixed it for me in minutes!

She said she couldn't offer an explanation really, didn't know what the RP EA codes were as they were Activision specific but suggested something that worked!

She said to log into PS store using a browser on my PC, search the store for each DLC pack, go through the motions of purchasing them for free (due to season pass) then queue the downloads up - I did this and downloads appeared on my console with no codes after their names! Downloaded and installed them all, everything now works!

Perry terrible the downloads through console/in game didn't work to begin with though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.