Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

My multiplayer predicament

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dropbearGSH

I have a problem.  I really love the multiplayer style of COD (real world weaponry, customization to fit my playstyle etc.), but I suck at it.  I do not much care for Halo's race to get the best weapons style, but I tend to do pretty well.  I know the obvious answer is to do what I enjoy more, which at the moment is COD, but I can only endure getting my ass kicked for so long before it stops being fun.  I'm hoping I'm just rusty.  Anyone else have the same problem? 

Side note:  I was good at COD 4, really good at WaW, then I found that I sucked at MW2 and it is not looking good for Black Ops.  What happened?

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By withateethuh

Aim fast and watch your corners. I don't see how people are bad at this game, its pretty easy to catch someone off guard.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you get stressed online, play Combat Training on Recruit or knock it up to Regular so they actually shoot back.  It's so much more fun.  Feels like you're playing online.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Grillbar
    @dropbearGSH said:
    "I have a problem.  I really love the multiplayer style of COD (real world weaponry, customization to fit my playstyle etc.), but I suck at it.  I do not much care for Halo's race to get the best weapons style, but I tend to do pretty well.  I know the obvious answer is to do what I enjoy more, which at the moment is COD, but I can only endure getting my ass kicked for so long before it stops being fun.  I'm hoping I'm just rusty.  Anyone else have the same problem?  Side note:  I was good at COD 4, really good at WaW, then I found that I sucked at MW2 and it is not looking good for Black Ops.  What happened? "

when i play fps that im a little rusty at i allways go in with the mentallity´that i call "berserker" witch is pretty mutch get atleast a 2:1 kill ratio untill i get better. in the beginning of playing BF BC 2 i sucked hard but after getting my hands alittle dirty i ended up at about a kill ratio of 21:1 when playing the class that suited me and roughtly 14:1 when playing any other class
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raymayne

If you knew how to play Halo, you'd know it's nothing to do with racing to get the best weapons. OT: If you suck, you suck, just cope with it for as long as you're having fun and then move on.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

I love CS, but I'm absolutely terrible at it, so I can relate. I know that getting killed all the time is stressful and not strictly fun, but I find that all this makes my few moments of competence all the better. If you never get those "oh yeah, check me out! god damn this game is awesome" moments, the games not worth playing. Just play whichever CoD you most enjoy, unless you ever plan to play professionally.

(Or you could come and play CS! Of course then you'll have a long road to competence, because everybody has been playing for 5-10 years and will murder you.)

tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tskunk

My experience improved noticeably after I unlocked the Galil. I don't like camping very much, which invariably means I'm running and gunning. I've found the Galil to have some of the least amount of recoil when firing fully auto. Combine it with a silencer + Ghost/Ninja perks to stay invisible.

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dropbearGSH
    @Raymayne said:
    " If you knew how to play Halo, you'd know it's nothing to do with racing to get the best weapons. OT: If you suck, you suck, just cope with it for as long as you're having fun and then move on. "
    I was generalizing about the pick up better weapons as you go style, but it is at least a little about that.

@nintendoeats said:
    " I love CS, but I'm absolutely terrible at it, so I can relate. I know that getting killed all the time is stressful and not strictly fun, but I find that all this makes my few moments of competence all the better. If you never get those "oh yeah, check me out! god damn this game is awesome" moments, the games not worth playing. Just play whichever CoD you most enjoy, unless you ever plan to play professionally.(Or you could come and play CS! Of course then you'll have a long road to competence, because everybody has been playing for 5-10 years and will murder you.) "

I haven't played CS in about 8 yrs, and it was way more demoralizing than COD has ever been for me, part of me does miss it though.

Anyways, I started using the Famas + suppressor + ghost and relearned the skill of aiming where you expect to see someone and it's been getting better.  My K/D ratio was around 0.6 but now it is 0.9 and climbing, and I have not had an under 1 ratio in a team deathmatch game in a while.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Rockdalf
    @dropbearGSH said:
    " @Raymayne said:
    " If you knew how to play Halo, you'd know it's nothing to do with racing to get the best weapons. OT: If you suck, you suck, just cope with it for as long as you're having fun and then move on. "
    I was generalizing about the pick up better weapons as you go style, but it is at least a little about that.

Very big fan of the Halo series and I agree that a lot of the game is controlling power weapons.  If it wasn't people wouldn't mad dash for Rocket Launcher right off the get go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.