Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Rare weapon achievement

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is the last achievement I have to get, and what a bear! Does anyone know if you have to collect all the weapons yourself, or can you trade with people who have the ones you don't?

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mano521

i think it takes until ng+3 due to all the weapons you can make from sifs soul. most of the other souls can be made into 2 weapons tops. I would suggest invading / getting summoned as much as you can for the off chance you run into a guy who will give you all the souls you need haha.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

If you can get someone to trade the items to you then you can save yourself a lot of time. The problem is joining the same game as someone else isn't always easy. I'd offer to help but my copy of the game is at my brother in laws.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, you can trade. I got them all legit except for either the Cursed or Normal Sif Sword. Super choked when I made the wrong one. Localizing could've been a little better there.

I would help but I think I gave all my weapons to some other guy who helped me with that Sif Sword. Just got to find someone around your level and a good bonfire to do it at. I think the one either near Soltaire at the Lava or the one further in is a safer one to do it at. Will take invaders awhile to find you.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IIRC, you just have to have each weapon in your inventory once for the game to check it off for the achievement. So you should be able to get someone to trade you any given rare weapon, then give it right back for it to count towards the cheevo.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They have to all be on the same character and you have to have all of them in your inventory at the same time. I say at the same time because there have been cases of it not triggering for people. Some people even reported having to equip each item at least once for a few seconds. I didn't have to do this to get it, so I can confirm that it isn't 100% necesarry. Anyway, it takes 2 and a half play throughs to get all of them. You can have someone trade the items to you, but that is very difficult to work out and actually get to work.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... maybe I'll try to run through on my own. 2.5 play-throughs shouldn't be too bad. Those damn tails can be a pain sometimes though...

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Maedhros925

This trophy wasn't so bad, as long as you map out a strategy for each playthrough. You don't want to waste a boss soul by crafting a duplicate. There are lists available online of the weapons you'll need to get; I printed one off and used it as a checklist. Getting the tail of Seath might have been the hardest part for me, as well as making sure that I got the order right with Ornstein and Smough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.