Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

The Giant Bomb Taken King Raid on Thursday - who will be on the fireteam?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Poll The Giant Bomb Taken King Raid on Thursday - who will be on the fireteam? (157 votes)

Brad 90%
    Jeff 84%
    Austin 49%
    Vinny 10%
    Dan 27%
    Jason 10%
    Drew 6%
    Chris Watters 13%
    Mary Kish 24%
    Rob Handlery 6%
    Mike Mahardy 6%
    Adam Boyes 24%
    John Drake 13%
    Dave Lang 34%
    Darkhorse Tina Amini 23%

So the schedule has an exciting event for us all on this coming thursday: The Taken King Raid.

The only question is who will be on the fireteam? I'm presuming this will be headed by Brad. Both Jeff and Austin have mentioned they've been playing the game so it's possible they might join in, at least I'm pretty sure that Jeff will. Dan and Drew have also been playing but I think Dan has probably put a lot more time in as Drew is actually busy working on the site.. by playing Metal Gear. Alex is out of the country and both Vinny and Jason are wildcards.

Last time they did this we had an ensemble of GameSpot folks joining in the fray. *Erick Tay is a known Destiny fiend and I think it's a good bet he will be joining in. Chris Watters used to be really into Destiny but he had not only fallen off, but quite frankly I haven't really seen him around on GameSpot in a while. Rob Handlery is always down to party and so is Mary Kish. Mike Mahardy is a new guy over at GameSpot but he enjoys Destiny as far as I can tell.

*Sadly I can confirm that Erick Tay won't be able to make it which is a shame.

Lastly, the long shots: Adam Boyes loves Destiny and is a close friend of the guys, so he might be there but he does have some pretty big responsibilities. I've heard that John T. Drake plays Destiny but has never seen this myself as I assume he's always in a state of near Diet Coke intoxication. D Leazy has also been known to enjoy the game, but ever since the great cell phone debacle he might be too emotionally scarred to appear on a livestream ever again.

So who do you think will make the cut?

• 
    MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikeW1980UK

I hope Jeff isn't involved. Last thing I want is him constantly complaining about it (although I'm sure on UPF he said he was enjoying it so who knows).

As for who I would like to see in it: a few GS guys, I know theres a few who really like Destiny. Someone who knows what to do. I understand going in blind, but watching people trying to figure it out who the course of 7 hours (or however long that VoG raid lasted) is boring. If they do, those should give only a few details about any encounter.

I predict that they will find the many jumping sections frustrating. I know I do on it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl

I think Jeff and Brad are a lock. Dan might be on but I'm not sure he played enough to make it to 290. I would love for Austin to be there but I feel like he's not at 290 either.

Looking at twitter they are looking for 3 more people so I guess from GB it's probably Brad, Jeff and Dan. Since Brad has already completed the raid it should go a lot less painfully than their VoG run from last year.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Mary Kish and Tina Amini are always good things

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Jeff isn't involved. Last thing I want is him constantly complaining about it (although I'm sure on UPF he said he was enjoying it so who knows).

As for who I would like to see in it: a few GS guys, I know theres a few who really like Destiny. Someone who knows what to do. I understand going in blind, but watching people trying to figure it out who the course of 7 hours (or however long that VoG raid lasted) is boring. If they do, those should give only a few details about any encounter.

I predict that they will find the many jumping sections frustrating. I know I do on it.

This won't be a blind run, Brad has already completed the raid.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hestilllives19

@ll_exile_ll: Yeah, oddly enough I loaded into the tower with Brad after what looked like a Raiding group. I waved at him and a couple of his fireteam members came over and danced with me. Kinda weird timing that I even noticed him, he just loaded in at the exact right time for me to see him. Strange that he loaded into a tower in the Central US though, unless his fireteam leader was from like Dallas or something. At first I wasn't sure it was even him until I checked to make sure, and sure enough it was Bradx0r and he was in Lincoln Force West 1.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hestilllives19: He might've actually completed the raid with randoms. I think he made it to oryx with people he knew but then they spent hours upon hours beating their heads against that particular brick wall. After that they all split up and just beat oryx with their own group of randoms.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be pretty cool if they got some people from GameSpot on it but it looks like it might be 3 GB staff plus randoms?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super excited they are doing this. And yeah Jeff and Brad are locks for sure. I though it'd be cool to get Drew and Dan in on it, but they may be busy with Metal Gear, though one sessions or two shouldn't hurt them. I actually wonder how long it'll take them. Would love for Dave Lang to get in on this.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super excited they are doing this. And yeah Jeff and Brad are locks for sure. I though it'd be cool to get Drew and Dan in on it, but they may be busy with Metal Gear, though one sessions or two shouldn't hurt them. I actually wonder how long it'll take them. Would love for Dave Lang to get in on this.

Dan is nowhere near geared up for the raid on his character, and Drew is on Xbox with a highest level character of 16.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Kessler in it we need at least one great player in case things go south.

straydogrenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lang just got off his huge pan-Asian trip so I'd be shocked and awed (and overjoyed) if he was involved. Austin has a 290 character so I'm saying 99% he's in.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

As long as Jeff is in it, I'll be happy. I don't have TTK right now so if this raid looks good, I just might be sold on it.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Sessh

Listening to the latest Bombcast Brad, Jeff and Austin seem to be confirmed (Which doesn't shock me.), and Dan might also get involved if he manages to level/gear up fast enough.

Aside from them I could see Mary Kish and Chris Watters. Maybe, maybe Dave Lang, but I really doubt it. Also maybe parts of the DOTA crew.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

Listening to the latest Bombcast Brad, Jeff and Austin seem to be confirmed (Which doesn't shock me.), and Dan might also get involved if he manages to level/gear up fast enough.

Aside from them I could see Mary Kish and Chris Watters. Maybe, maybe Dave Lang, but I really doubt it. Also maybe parts of the DOTA crew.

Hopefully no one from the DOTA crew.. all those people are monsters..

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mems1224

God I hope Dan is on it so the video can be like 12 hours long.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By fobwashed

@humanity said:
    @sessh said:

You're a monster. All hail DotA2. :goty

Edit: This was a joke. Plz don't ban me T-T

Edit 2: Not the part about DotA2 being the best. It's totally the best. :goty4eva

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:
    @sessh said:

Edit 2: Not the part about DotA2 being the best. It's totally the best. :goty4eva

you are hereby sentenced with the crime of too many questionable art pieces and edited gifs of gb staff in compromising positions :\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (tho i guess humanity would be as guilty D: )

IAmADwagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny mentioned on his Tumblr awhile back that Chris Watters had moved to the premium programming team (i.e., working on content in partnership with publishers), and so for integrity purposes was no longer making appearances on the editorial side. (Link to the question). I have no idea if that would affect him being able to show up on a Giant Bomb thing, but it might eliminate him from the running.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By MrSlapHappy

I would expect Giancarlo Varanini before John Drake or Adam Boyes. I feel like its going to be another round-up of people outside of the CBSI office like the first raid video. Granted, Giancarlo was working at Gamespot at the time, but other than him it was Tina and a couple other people I am less familiar with.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#20 sweep  Moderator

Didn't Reid help them through last time? He's been on the daily dota a bunch too, so I imagine he's on the shortlist.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed said:
    @humanity said:
    @sessh said:

you are hereby sentenced with the crime of too many questionable art pieces and edited gifs of gb staff in compromising positions :\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (tho i guess humanity would be as guilty D: )

I make wholesome, family oriented pieces of art! None of that grotesque.. DOTA tainted.. "art"

section09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Lang is up to date on TTK progression since he's been in Asia for the past 2 weeks.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.