Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disc Jam

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 07, 2017

Disc Jam is a disc-based future sport for 2 to 4 players.

New ! now with stats

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So hopefully everyone is keeping up with your disc jam. The newest patch is out last week and now there are stats. So there is one presumably glowbal rankings list for different stats: Aces,assists,juiced juiced conversion %, lobs, matched played, skill rating, wall skips, win %.... and a few more. For each stat you can see the top 100 ranked players or do a friend list comparison. The stats are interesting but it's hard to what's most important, skill ranking or win %? Patch notes say that the stats are being considered when matchmaking. I have noticed myself playing better players more, this could be because of stats or just that there are fewer bad players now that you can no longer get it for free. I am happy to see hi horse still working on game and seem to be making good improvements. Stats are great, but now you're kind of left to decide what stats are important to you. I would like to see one clear cut this you current ranking that takes everything in to consideration, this could be the skill rating, but I'm unsure what it accounts for.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But do your previous stats carry over? Because my winning % was off the charts. I'd played the beta and was very familiar with its mechanics before the majority of people played it during the PS+

FreshlySquozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FreshlySquozen

I hate this so much! Okay not really. Mostly I just hate that the stats I racked up beforehand didn't carry over. My win % was likely in the high 90s but now that I can't dominate a bunch of people that barely know the buttons, it's way lower. Oh well. It's probably a better indication of my actual skill now.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoFooQ

No all your previous stats are not counted. Another thing I have a problem with is that singles and doubles seem to just be lumped all into same pool. I liked playing doubles, despite being upset that the stats aren't by themselves, I have seem to be in better matches. It probably has as much to do with fewer players has it does stat matchmaking, but I get better games now. Based on looking at bottom of stats hi horse is counting like 90,000 (that was a guess, based on assists 211,000 players). I have been climbing the rankings even in loses, so few there be. I think they need to change the text options or even better let people pick their own, in fact if they did that they could put a bunch of words in prize machine. I'm sure there will be more improvements made as long has base play stays around. I still enjoying playing and keep going back for more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.