Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

A storm of news or a calm affair? (The strange silence)

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ninja

It's strangely quiet this week. No fake twitter leaks about E3 news. No major actually leaks about big reveals.

What does this silence mean? Does it mean that tis E3 is so awesome that everybody is keeping their secrets well under wraps or does it mean that there is not much new. I mean all of Microsoft and Sonys big exclusives have been revealed along with the main games in Ubisoft, EA and Activisions fall window. Can we expect to be blown away at E3 this year? it is simply possible that with my age I dont get as excited about news like a Driver reboot and Trine 2 gettting announced but really the lack of leaks from Move and Natal make me feel like there is nothing worth leaking. The industry is too big to prevent these sorts of leaks these days... well I thought it had become that way anyway.

I suppose the biggest surprise will be Nintendo. What will the 3DS be ike? Will there be a new Zelda? Are they comtemplationg new franchises or bringing back old ones? I don't usually look to Nintendo to surprise but this may be their year for that.

What does everybody else think about this strange lack of news this week?
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

What are you talking about? There's so much news going on that I think E3 will be out of gas before it even gets started. @_@

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've found a fair bit of pre-E3 news floating around, no crazy massive leaks or anything but this seems to be the run up to E3 as usual and I'm very stoked.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

More than 7 major game announcements, dozens of new game trailers, updates on dozens of other games and gobs of rumors isn't enough?

At this point I'm worried there will be no surprises left for E3 itself.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Official E3 lineups are getting revealed, so that's kinda cool.  New games are getting confirmed by those (Trine 2, for example), so it's not all that quiet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.