Upgrading the podcast room to be more "professional"?

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By harinosho

Just wondering why they dont renovate or upgrade the room to be more, studio like or professional.  AC (one that doesn't cut the power) Some good sound proofing, bigger room (if thats possible) better chairs. Not sure if they're getting around to doing so, maybe its too expensive, maybe its just not needed. 

But from what i saw in some videos, the current podcast room really is small and really uncomfortable. It just doesn't look like a place i'd like to spend 2 hours or more in talking.

By the way, this would be for all whiskey media podcasts.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

CUZ THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

How should we know? We don't work there. Why don't you email them or try to contact them.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By harinosho
@FluxWaveZ said:
How should we know? We don't work there. Why don't you email them or try to contact them.
Thats actually a good idea... man.. internet..always giving people ideas about stuff
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Seems fine to me.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By daiphyer

You'd be surprised to know how many 'professional' podcasts are recorded in crappy rooms.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By lkpower
@Daiphyer said:
You'd be surprised to know how many 'professional' podcasts are recorded in crappy rooms.
I agree, truthfully with about 2 minutes of post processing the podcast would sound a lot better. The room isn't what's getting them down. I have an audio/video production background and sometimes in my nerdiness I drop copies of the bombast into adobe audition and the waveforms look horrible. I've even taken the time to clean up a few episodes and they the improvement was noticeable. Some compression and and noise reduction processes would make it easier on the ears. Not knocking the content of the bombcast but the end result could make for a much easier listen with a few simple steps. Even Jeff pointed out how much better they would sound if Ryan ran a noise reduction process before putting it out. Its post processing that makes podcasts sound "professional"
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm pretty sure the room is soundproofed.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

Their podcast room is fine. I little cramped. But when Whiskey Media is looking for an office in SF, they don't see a tiny podcast room and say "fuck it". The chairs are actually pretty comfortable and the mics are some of the best I've seen personally. Soundproofing is all over the room. I don't even know if we're listening to the same podcast.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By lego_my_eggo
@ajamafalous: Far from soundproof, in some podcasts you can hear them telling Will to be quiet because you can hear him in the room.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

@ajamafalous: Far from soundproof, in some podcasts you can hear them telling Will to be quiet because you can hear him in the room.

You're telling me the room isn't soundproofed because if Will is in the room that you can hear him? How exactly do you want them to go about fixing that? Podcast in a 6'x6' box?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By landon

It ain't broke, why fix it?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By lego_my_eggo
@ajamafalous said:

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

You're telling me the room isn't soundproofed because if Will is in the room that you can hear him? How exactly do you want them to go about fixing that? Podcast in a 6'x6' box?

No, sorry for not being more clear but i mean you can hear him when they have the doors closed and Will is outside the room.