Bobby Kotick - Master of Chest Beating and Idle Threats

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Bobby Kotick is threatening to stop publishing PS3 games if Sony doesn't drop the price on the PS3 to up the attach rate for Activision games.

Yeah, I'm sure Bobby is really going to dump publishing on a major gaming console, specifically the one that, to date, can't be pirated.  I think Bobby's big concern is that, after buying a PS3, Joe Average isn't going to be too excited about throwing for $130 for a fake skateboard or a fake turntable.  He's totally justified in his concern, but I think he's also missing the irony of Activision dumping overpriced plastic BS onto the market in droves, and then calling out Sony for overpriced hardware.

This won't happen, but I'd love to see it, because once they dropped the PS3, Harmonix would clean up with new Rock Band releases.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Bobby Kotick is threatening to stop publishing PS3 games if Sony doesn't drop the price on the PS3 to up the attach rate for Activision games.

Yeah, I'm sure Bobby is really going to dump publishing on a major gaming console, specifically the one that, to date, can't be pirated.  I think Bobby's big concern is that, after buying a PS3, Joe Average isn't going to be too excited about throwing for $130 for a fake skateboard or a fake turntable.  He's totally justified in his concern, but I think he's also missing the irony of Activision dumping overpriced plastic BS onto the market in droves, and then calling out Sony for overpriced hardware.

This won't happen, but I'd love to see it, because once they dropped the PS3, Harmonix would clean up with new Rock Band releases.