Favorite teacher?

antonyhawk65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By antonyhawk65

So today I finally realized that I don't really like some of the teachers that I have right now, and it's been a while since I've had one that I really enjoyed learning from. My favorite teacher that I had would have to be my 9th grade English teacher.

So Giantbombers, do you have any favorite teachers?

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By roborobb

As an Artist I always got along with the Art Teachers in my schools except the odd horrible one. But I had one incredible Science teacher called Mr Plester that really looked after me like a father figure, especially when I was first adjusting to Secondary School. He was a great guy :)

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I used to have this really cool history teacher.  He was very old and always reminded us that he could "pack up my shit and leave this school whenever I want".  He didn't really teach much, he just told us awesome stories.
kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kelbear
@antonyhawk65: 

My economic development teacher had a very interesting teaching technique:

He provided a set of reading materials, had students make a selection, then the students lecture the class on the material they've read (under his supervision).

This was incredibly effective and rewarding. It added pressure on the student to know the material thoroughly enough that they could not only lecture on the subject, but also stand up to questions from the rest of the class. If you felt that the reading material didn't give you enough information to confidently lecture with, you needed to do further research on the topic.  It added public speaking practice, and a great sense of satisfaction from successfully conducting a class. The class got really engaged with this informal format and got into great discussions on the merits of the material as well as opposing views. I looked forward to this class every week.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

My grade four teacher was radical. He was a big hockey fan, and he sometimes took us out of class to play road hockey or hackey-sack.  

Weirdly it never seemed like we were doing anything, but I learned more than year than I have any other. He really knew how to mix lessons and fun. 

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MaskedGamer

There are some really annoying teachers but my science and English teachers are both just really cool. I spoiled the ending of Assassins creed 2 for my English teacher. She gasped and then told me not to spoil anything for anyone ever again.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dbz1995

In Year 8, our Maths teacher let us watch A Beautiful Mind. He then lost it, and we watched Gladiator instead. Good times.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PoppaKyle

I've got one for sure. Me and him and the students always talk shit to eachother about sports and just generally take shots at eachother.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@RoboRobb said:
" But I had one incredible Science teacher called Mr Plester that really looked after me like a father figure"

You had one incredible teacher named Mr. Plester.  

Plester rhymes with molester.  

The joke writes itself.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RetroIce4
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @RoboRobb said:
" But I had one incredible Science teacher called Mr Plester that really looked after me like a father figure"
You had one incredible teacher named Mr. Plester.   Plester rhymes with molester.   The joke writes itself. "
Uhh... What? Anyway for me its my Art Teacher. Its the only subject I like.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

For some reason all the science teachers I've had turned out to be the best. Well...that was until I found out one of my elementary school science teachers was arrested for having sex with a student after he went to different school. Yeah... 

(I'm in my 2nd year of college, found out last year...) 

On a lighter note, one of my science teacher's in highschool played WoW LITERALLY all the time. He did let us come in his class and watch moives, anime, and play games on high projector though. I'll never forget the Halo 3 lan party we had in there. Good times...

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@PrimeSynergy said:
Well...that was until I found out one of my elementary school science teachers was arrested for having sex with a student after he went to different school. "

Mr. Plester strikes again!
labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By labam89

I have a fantastic Comp. Sci.  teacher at the university I go to. Knows his stuff and knows how to teach/make you pay attention.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffery
@Fallen189: I dont get it /:I