Happy Record Store Day!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

For those not aware today, April 17th was Record Store Day.  A day where Record Stores celebrate their existance and do what they can to gain awareness.   

I was wondering what folks picked up today at their local stores.  Also did anything cool happen?  I know that artists will make appearances during this event. 

I ended up buying the deluxe vinyl of Liars' Sisterworld and the vinyl of Dead Sciene by TV On The Radio.  I owned both albums, one digitally the other on CD, but I love them both and wanted the vinyl version of them.  Also the Sisterworld delux vinyl came with two records and CD versions of each.  One of my new favorite albums, as far as the pack goes.

lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By lovecreep

you could also pre-order  tear garden by kelidascope by smashing pumpkins today.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SumDeus

Me and my dad got so much shit.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd actually never heard of record store day but I suppose I have now, it's been a long time since I bought any music.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Half-Price Books is the closest thing I have to a record store around here, I didn't want to spend any money because my shitty fisher price turntable broke the other day so I needed to save up for a new one. So I go in with my mother and end up walking out with:

1. Queen: The Game
  2. Styx: Killroy Was Here
  3. Styx II
  4. Styx: Pieces of Eight
  5. Styx: Cornerstone
  6. Supertramp: Famous Last Words
  7. Buddy Holly: Greatest Hits (Double LP) - I didn't realize this until I got home but the album is a German release of the album.

Then I come home to find out my dad had bought me a $330 Denon Turntable. I almost shat a brick when I saw that thing sitting there, it was so beautiful and nice. Shame I can't use it because the audio cables are not removable from the turntable, and the audio cable is around two feet long which is too short for me, so I will have to buy an adapter or extension tomorrow.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dichemstys

I did not know there was a record store day. Damn.