Online law enforcement?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello fellow GBer's, I am not trying to start any big conversation about GG but I don't know anything about this subject. I am only making this thread to answer this one question thats it.

I am curious if there is no law enforcement methods for people who doxx other people? like is there nothing that can be done as far as IP addresses or something. I have very little knowledge as far as this stuff is concerned.

That's it. I don't want this to turn into a big thread just want to know that. Thanks Duders.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LaszloKovacs

There are forensics methods for tracking online crimes, but the people who are doing this are going a long way to make sure they are hard to track down. I know that the FBI is investigating some of these.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Not only can it be very hard to trace a well-hidden IP address, but there are so many of these attempts now that the law agencies likely don't have the resources to track them all down. It is very much illegal, but that doesn't mean everyone who does it will get caught--just as with any other crime out there.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike