Which superhero TV show do you recommend the most?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I literally haven't seen any of them. Are any of them good? I wanna check out the HBO Watchmen show but other then that, which ones would you recommend? I think I remember some good buzz about Legion and also Doom Patrol earlier in the year. There are so many. Is anybody watching them?

I'm asking about live action.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shiftygism

Not any of the CW ones that's for f'n sure, though Arrow's second season was alright.

Legion definitely.

I really liked what SyFy was trying to do with Krypton, but that wasn't really a super hero show.

Netflix's Umbrella Academy isn't very original, and has its ups and downs, but often does X-men better than anything Fox did with X-men outside of Legion.

Daredevil is great, mostly for Vincent D'nofrio's fantastic performance as Kingpin.

Agents of SHIELD gets really good in season four, is a bit hit or miss afterwards, but still pretty fun, hopefully some of those characters wind up in the MCU proper at somepoint despite long since crossing over into their own continuity.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Flash S1-3

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shiftygism

Flash starts out alright despite patterning itself after Smallville padding each episode up with too many pep talk scenes (minus the barn loft) gets worse each subsequent season, rehashing the same type of villains, and bringing time travel into the mix without playing by one clear cut set of rules.

Not to mention the seasons are way too long at twenty three episodes a pop with tons of filler. I think the main villain of season two had each castmember imprisoned at one point or another as they were clearly trying to stretch things out.

The show admittedly does have its moments, but they're lost amongst all of the self doubting and laughable relationship issues. Seriously, I'm amazed the CW hasn't greenlit a super hero therapist show by now.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Casepb

I just finished watching Amazon's The Boys and it was great. It's definitely not your normal superhero show though. I do recommend it though.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By doombot13

Doom Patrol is phenomenal but it's very weird, if you're not into it after a couple episodes it's probably not for you. Doesn't get a lot of love since it's on DC's streaming platform and like no one has that. I've heard decent things about S2 of Titans as well but have never seen that show, and heard Swamp Thing was alright (getting cancelled hurts that one though).

The CW shows are very relationship heavy and a bit schlocky at times, like low-budget 90s sci-fi shows. Of the group I love Legends of Tomorrow the best, it's just the balls-out craziest show after a dull first season. Not a lot of shows can turn their cast into puppets for a musical number, kill all the female team members to make an A-Team/GotG joke, or kill all the male team members to make a Charlie's Angels joke. LoT can do all that in a single episode.

Really enjoyed The Boys too, though as @casepbsaid it's very different, a more cynical take on a world with superheroes.

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really enjoyed The Punisher on Netflix and The Boys on Amazon, but they are both pretty dark and violent. I don't really have any suggestions if you're looking for lighter stuff.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed what I saw of The Umbrella Academy

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I like Flash a lot.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MezZa

As far as DC goes:

Flash is good for 1 to 2 seasons at least. The rest after that is a bit of a mixed bag.

Arrow is kind of the same although a bit more awkward in season 1 since the show didnt really know its identity right away. Gets worse at season 3 but season 2 is pretty good.

If you like goofy super hero antics then Legends of Tomorrow is probably the better of the CW bunch. Just go into it knowing that they aren't afraid to make a joke of the show (in a good way).

I dont know anything about the marvel tv shows so I cant tell you much there.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of what I would say has already been said, there are a few more things though. Titans season 1 was garbage but season 2 is much better, honestly if you want to watch it just skip to s2e2 as it's pretty much a soft reboot. Runaways is better than you'd think, but I might only think that because I'm a big fan of them. If you're willing to go animated Young Justice and Spectacular Spider-Man are both great.

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion and My Hero Academia are the best superhero TV shows I've seen, Daredevil is probably next best after those two.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

IchiroSuzukiDZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything with Batman AND Robin lol

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Netflix ones all had a good Season One (well, not 'all').

I enjoyed Punisher, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil Season One.

Daredevil was okay during season 2 and 3.

I haven't watched any other comic related TV shows

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll just back The Boys here. I expected a straightforward, silly, violent parody but got something with a lot more depth.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Netflix

• Arrow
  • Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Agents of Shield
  • Netflix has a some Marvel animation that is worth watching - just sayin'
  • Really everything except Iron Fist and Gotham are good enough to watch.

Amazon Prime

• The Boys