I'mma let you finish but...

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

Lady Gaga had one of the best albums of all time! Well, maybe not of all time but she should have won over Taylor Swift tonight. Her album "The Fame" is really the only album that a female pop star made that I have actually listened to from beginning to end. I can truthfully say I like every song on the album and it was worth the $10 I spent on it on iTunes. 
As someone who listens to a truly diverse catalogue of music I truly think this was Gaga's year. I really really wanted to hear her acceptance speech because you never know what your going to get from her. 

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

Lady Gaga had one of the best albums of all time! Well, maybe not of all time but she should have won over Taylor Swift tonight. Her album "The Fame" is really the only album that a female pop star made that I have actually listened to from beginning to end. I can truthfully say I like every song on the album and it was worth the $10 I spent on it on iTunes. 
As someone who listens to a truly diverse catalogue of music I truly think this was Gaga's year. I really really wanted to hear her acceptance speech because you never know what your going to get from her. 

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

this thread's title is way too late

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

I didn't know what I was going to get with this thread. But I sure didn't think it was going to be about that horrendous drag queen Lady Gaga. Christ.

@Wolverine said:

" expectance speech "

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By thatfrood

Lady Gaga is a pretty interesting person. I find her persona pretty intriguing and her music is weird enough that I don't immediately dismiss it as pop.

Also, why does this thread exist.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By baconbits33

I hate Lady Gaga.... and this is my opinion but her music really really sucks. Plus that bitch is crazy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus

How about this "Her music is terrible and so is her personality."

There ya go.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@Wolverine said:
 truly
truly
Truly?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolverine

Wow not one positive post in this thread yet. I can't say I'm surprised though.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hot_Karl

While I am most definitely happy for Mrs. Future Ex-VinceNotVance Taylor Swift on her (dare I say Epic) win at the Grammy's tonight, it kinda just showed why the Grammys are now completely irrelevant. First off, now Taylor's really got nowhere else to go but down. I love the girl (seriously, I love the girl) but when you accomplish so much at a young age, you're kinda boned for the rest of your life.

Anyway, on the Grammy's being irrelevant...remember back when the Academy (the other Academy) nominated hip, new artists that transcended the mold of "popular music artists"? Like Gnarls Barkley, Lupe Fiasco, LCD Soundsystem, hell, Herbie Hancock won Best Album two years back for a Jazz tribute record!

The nominees for Best Album are anything but. Popular albums, sure? Best? FUCK NO. Cookie-cutter music? Definitely.
The Grammys will never get it right. It's about ass-kissing and ratings. Whatever attempts they make to stay relevant have the opposite effect.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Zajtalan said:
" this thread's title is way too late "
Yep.
Avatar image for deactivated-642bc6dee3243
deactivated-642bc6dee3243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HaltIamReptar said:
" @Wolverine said:
 truly
truly
Truly? "
Truly.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By artofwar420
@VinceNotVance: I agree with all of that. These kinds of award shows are just popularity contests.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@artofwar420 said:
" @VinceNotVance: I agree with all of that. These kinds of award shows are just popularity contests. "
If that were the case, I would be holding a Grammy right now.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RetroIce4
@VinceNotVance said:
" While I am most definitely happy for Mrs. Future Ex-VinceNotVance Taylor Swift on her (dare I say Epic) win at the Grammy's tonight, it kinda just showed why the Grammys are now completely irrelevant. First off, now Taylor's really got nowhere else to go but down. I love the girl (seriously, I love the girl) but when you accomplish so much at a young age, you're kinda boned for the rest of your life.

Anyway, on the Grammy's being irrelevant...remember back when the Academy (the other Academy) nominated hip, new artists that transcended the mold of "popular music artists"? Like Gnarls Barkley, Lupe Fiasco, LCD Soundsystem, hell, Herbie Hancock won Best Album two years back for a Jazz tribute record!   The nominees for Best Album are anything but. Popular albums, sure? Best? FUCK NO. Cookie-cutter music? Definitely. The Grammys will never get it right. It's about ass-kissing and ratings. Whatever attempts they make to stay relevant have the opposite effect. "
LOL, GRAMMY'S EVER BEING GOOD.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Bruce

I really like Lady Gaga for what she is, however, I wish the Grammy's would ADMIT that they're just a big marketing tool for music sales similar to how American Idol and shows like that are. It's used to stimulate music sales, nothing else. There are really no 'awards' for music that carry any validity as the Grammy's have NEVER meant shit. 

Pitchfork's top 100 songs of 2009 list carries more weight with most music listeners than a Grammy. 

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking
@VinceNotVance said:
"While I am most definitely happy for Mrs. Future Ex-VinceNotVance Taylor Swift on her (dare I say Epic) win at the Grammy's tonight, it kinda just showed why the Grammys are now completely irrelevant. First off, now Taylor's really got nowhere else to go but down. I love the girl (seriously, I love the girl) but when you accomplish so much at a young age, you're kinda boned for the rest of your life.

Anyway, on the Grammy's being irrelevant...remember back when the Academy (the other Academy) nominated hip, new artists that transcended the mold of "popular music artists"? Like Gnarls Barkley, Lupe Fiasco, LCD Soundsystem, hell, Herbie Hancock won Best Album two years back for a Jazz tribute record!   The nominees for Best Album are anything but. Popular albums, sure? Best? FUCK NO. Cookie-cutter music? Definitely. The Grammys will never get it right. It's about ass-kissing and ratings. Whatever attempts they make to stay relevant have the opposite effect. "

:)   Happy.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow

/me facepalms at the dumbing down the general music consumer. 

We moved on from hair metal to grunge to alternative to this shit...

And to think we almost seemed OK in the early to mid nineties.

FUCK.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mikeeegeee
@SeriouslyNow: Well, is it the "dumbing down" or is it just a different kind of dumb? I feel like it's all "dumb" in a manner of speaking, but maybe there's just a certain nostalgia to the older "dumbs" that make them appealing. Truly, I love well written, beautiful music. But when it comes down to it, there's just something supernatural that this song does for me:

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@mikeeegeee: 
I like some hair metal too but this current parade of consumer driven BULLSHIT annoys me to no end.  A buddy of mine came over on the weekend and actually told me how much he liked Ladyboy blahbah and the Coca Cola 'sponsored 'song "Open Happiness".  Fuck you CEELO! :<  You went from the utter brilliance that you shared with Dangermouse to this shit?  FUCK YOU A DOZEN TIMES OVER YOU FAT SELLOUT PRICK.
LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Allow me to be the 15th person to reiterate that the Grammys are a joke and that nobody should actually care about them.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikeeegeee
@SeriouslyNow: You know of Dangermouse! I can dig what you have to say.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Wolverine:  Also duder, I don't want to rain on your parade or anything. After completely hating Lady Gaga (or as I like to call her, Lady Gags or Lady Giggity) for most of 2009, I started to come around to her, and I can see that while her type of music isn't necessarily my favorite, she takes risks & excels at what she does- being all crazy and making you want to party non-stop. With that said, her album can be seen as something that's more than just another pop album. Basically, anything that has the words "Best" and "Black Eyed Peas" in the same sentences equals an automatic FAIL.

@mikeeegeee:
Danger Mouse! As in "The Grey Album" aka best mash-up of all time ever, Danger Mouse? His collabo w/ the lead singer from The Shins is shaping up to be really good as well, if you're interested. Also, "Kickstart My Heart" is my favorite Motley Crue song, as well as one of the best rock songs ever. I'll take that to the grave with me.
LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By LaszloKovacs
@VinceNotVance said:
" "The Grey Album" aka best mash-up of all time ever, Danger Mouse? "
I take it you haven't encountered Wu Tang vs The Beatles?
Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Laharl

Im just gonna quote the great Trent Reznor of nine inch nails, heres a tweet he made the other day.

"The Grammys=the old guard/ old media propping up their puppets trying to convince the outside world they're relevant."

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Laharl: 

Yup Trent, along with Radiohead have both proven the corporate "pay to play" ideals wrong with record sales of NiN and Radiohead recent albums which had almost $0 marketing cost and were both made available to consumers at prices which the consumers set.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Taylor Swift? Lady Gaga? This is a world a million miles from the music I listen to.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jeffery

LADY GaGa IS A MAN!!!!!!!!!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Shadow

obligatory  

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hot_Karl
@LaszloKovacs said:
" @VinceNotVance said:
" "The Grey Album" aka best mash-up of all time ever, Danger Mouse? "
I take it you haven't encountered Wu Tang vs The Beatles? "
I'll get back to you on that- just downloaded it, and while "CREAM" intrigues me, I gotta listen to it a ton more before I can say whether it's better than "The Grey Album" or not.
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Jesus

I turned on 3 different songs by lady gaga... half way through on each of them I had to turn it off... it was very annoying.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Tireyo

No Caption Provided
Whoa! OOoh Boy.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By armaan8014
@Gamer_152 said:
"

Taylor Swift? Lady Gaga? This is a world a million miles from the music I listen to.

"