Pax 2015 Badges are available!!!

Pauper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pauper

I just managed to get my set for Friday Saturday and Sunday. I actually have to request a different Friday off of work now because I had predicted it being on Labor Day weekend but it is the weekend before August 28th through 31st. I also got an extra Saturday badge for my girlfriend because she wants to see the GB panel. Hopefully they schedule the panel for Saturday. Who else is going? Any meet ups? I live in the Seattle area and it'd be cool to meet some others who live around here but I'm sure some of you must be traveling right?

Megasheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my Friday and Sunday (Saturday sold out fast!). I would also be interested in GB related events/activities.

Fake_Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Managed to get Fri, Sun, Mon. Probably gonna try and pick up some Saturday tickets from scalpers at the event. Anyone have any idea how much more those dudes usually charge? When I went last year, it seemed there were a lot of people selling passes by the entrance and stuff.

Pauper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pauper

@fake_empire: last year I got a Saturday pass from Craiglist and he charged face value. It was a nice guy I met out front who had an extra pass his friend wasn't using. That is probably the best way to go as the scalpers are trying to make money but if you search Craiglist the day of you should be able to sort out some good folks selling at face value or less.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

And they're gone!

That seems like a record. Barely an hour.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fake_empire: I'd also advise checking reddit.com/r/paxpassexchange, especially as the summer wears onward. Life gets in the way sometimes, and people have travel plans that fall through. We missed out on Saturday passes last year and went this route, eventually picking up passes at nearly face value.

The scalper route works, for sure. But they are always going to sell badges at a higher premium and you have an additional concern of legitimacy. It isn't uncommon for scalpers to try and shill fake badges to unsuspecting buyers.

Fake_Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust: How did your experience with using that subreddit work? You met them at the convention centre or did they mail them to you? Honestly, scalpers just seems like the simplest option.

Pauper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fake_empire: only simple if they give you legit badges though. I find scalpers hard to trust and their facsimiles have gotten quite good.

Fake_Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pauper: I believe, from what I saw last year, you can bring the badges up to the enforcers at the door and they will verify their authenticity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fake_empire said:

@historyinrust: How did your experience with using that subreddit work? You met them at the convention centre or did they mail them to you? Honestly, scalpers just seems like the simplest option.

You can do it either way. It comes down to the seller. We met our seller inside the convention itself and had a PAX Enforcer verify the badge. Enforcers are always nearby and are happy to help with this sort of thing. With mail-order badges you're taking the same leap of faith as you would with a scalper. Perhaps more so. Which is why you have to make an informed decision before contacting a seller.

There isn't a 100% verified way to snag a pass from a third party. But r/paxpassexchange has the narrowest region of doubt.

firewater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got passes for Friday thru Sunday. Pretty excited, this will be my first pax. Hadn't had much interest in the past, but talking to folks at the BLLSL afterparty convinced me it would probably be a good time. Definitely looking to kick it with giant bomber bros!

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Got my tickets for Friday thru Sunday. I live near Seattle this year, so I saved on Hotel, feels good. Last time I went the hotel cost me $900.