patfeerick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those already looking forward to VIDEOBALL, add me on steam: patfeerick

For people who don't know:

VIDEOBALL is a multiplayer game. You can play online. You can play online with team matchmaking. You can jam to its soundtrack.

I played it one year ago at a mall. It feels REALLY GOOD to reverse a level 3 shot.

It will cost $10 and release on Steam, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Will anyone else be playing?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Fuck Dave Lang.

But really, while I hope this does well for everyone involved it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

This game seems potentially cool, but I haven't been able to get into any online games so far. I'm playing the PS4 version.

JazzBombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Videoball gives me a rush of nostalgic joy. The kind I had with sports games on SNES and earlier games. Though I've only been playing against the CPU I can see how it'd be a great party game and I havent had any luck finding games on XB1 and almost got into a game on PC.

I could just buy the OST for the price of the game, it's that good.

patfeerick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played ranked online matches last night and it ruled. It ruled hard.

You can buy or listen to the VIDEOBALL soundtrack by coda on Bandcamp:

http://bc.s3m.us/album/the-original-sounds-of-action-button-entertainments-videoball

Here's an infomercial Action Button produced:

Loading Video...

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else finding Videoball to be not so good so far?

I haven't been able to find a single online game despite a sum total of ~1 hour searching and/or hosting + waiting. (The closest I got to joining a game was when I appeared to join a server that had no apparent host and was completely devoid of other players)

Without a partner, the arcade mode appears to be strictly 1 human vs 2 AIs who sit in their defensive half and do nothing except occasionally execute frame-perfect counters of your charged shots, which when I tried to replicate resulted in my player spinning wildly as I tripped over the controllers dead zone.

Also the menus are some of the least usable this side of dwarf fortress, (which at least has a "quit the game" option.)

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By avantegardener

I played ranked online matches last night and it ruled. It ruled hard.

You can buy or listen to the VIDEOBALL soundtrack by coda on Bandcamp:

http://bc.s3m.us/album/the-original-sounds-of-action-button-entertainments-videoball

Here's an infomercial Action Button produced:

Loading Video...

I enjoy a curated and produced Tim Rogers, I do not care for a free range Rogers, thankfully this is the former.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By TheJasonSigler

I'm thinking maybe this could be a good co-op game for my wife and I to play with randos (and/or you fine duders). However, it looks like the online issues on PS4 are being actively investigated and patched. From the game's forums, which linked to Iron Galaxy's Twitter yesterday:

http://forum.videoball.net/t/online-on-ps4-not-working/33

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This never looked all that good, and having the quicklook nearly put me asleep cemented it in my mind as a game not to buy. Won't even bother downloading if it's free. Also, how do you manage to spend 5 years working on this? Is there something I don't see going on here, another game in there?

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By TheJasonSigler

@act26: Good to know! I thought I heard him say that three players on one end wouldn't be possible yet, and then I saw Team Play under the online modes and figured that confirmed it. If not, hopefully it'll come later down the line and didn't just waste my ten bucks on a game I'll never have fun with (because yeah, 1v1 sounds shallow).

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks like it could be fun to play but it is really boring to watch. And I bet they will play it on this weeks UPF (starting in 5 min).

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I don't think that's right. Iron galaxy was just a publisher.

prettyunsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movius: I really like the idea of it. I love Sportsfriends and most things like it, but this isn't clicking for me. It seems like a group of people all playing together from the start could have a really good time learning all the quirks of how it works, but solo it just seems a bit frustrating.The fact that the Arcade mode drops you into 2 on 1 matches right away just seems like a weird choice. I get that they want it to be challenging, but for me, it stops me from learning how to play in regular match.