Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Expanding on the foundation put in place by Retro-Evolved, Geometry Wars Galaxies takes this unique, colorful top-down shooter's formula to the next level, offering various additional modes, more levels, and even more fun.

Underrated?

PeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PeZ

With all the hype the second version is getting, I still have the feeling that the DS and Wii ones did not get as much attention as they should have. Even with it's small graphical flaws that the DS one has, it's really a brilliant, brilliant game, especially at the bargain price it's been selling since release. Anyone agree with me?

Pew-pew-pew

PaperMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PaperMario
    PeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By PeZ

I personally don't mind the slowdown, it sort of feels like the original Mega Man games where slowdown ia a part of your strategy.
    I'm really hoping for it to be released on XBLA someday, it's a damn fine game and it would be sad if so many people would miss out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I played my friend's copy about two days after I played Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 for the first time (I basically begged him to let me try it). I love the Galaxies mission mode. I'd like to see a third Geometry Wars XBLA release incorporate this mode.

PaperMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PaperMario
    PeZ said:
    I'm really hoping for it to be released on XBLA someday
    I'm surprised that RE2 doesn't have different playfields. It's just one playfield with a bunch of new play modes? Hmmm.
    TissueShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TissueShoe

Yeah I think Galaxies is underrated, though I'm not much of a fan of the DS version the Wii version is superb. And the graphics hardly look scaled down from the 360 games, if at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.