Quick Look EX: Greed Corp

• 128 results
#101 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Looks pretty neat, not my kinda game but I like what they've done.

#102 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@JamesKond said:
" @XII_Sniper: Yeah. even though some U.K accents sound very similar strangely enough "
No....
#103 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

I immediately knew he was dutch when he said 'so' (sho)

#104 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

So confusing. I thought this was a Quicklook of the game Greed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/46400/

#105 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

A turn based strategy game? I could do for one.

#106 Posted by terpiscorei (3 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" Looks really interesting, although I wish there were a little more in the animation department.  I'd like to see the walkers actually have at it rather than just disappear.  Also a little camera control would be nice, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. "
Yeah, I agree -- the total lack of animation for the walkers is pretty jarring, especially after the nice-looking crumbling and carrier animations. Since the game is still a few months off, hopefully they'll add something. 

It does have a good board game feel to it, and I particularly like how quickly the matches seem to go. I wonder how much variation there will be late in the game, though.
#107 Posted by Junpei (726 posts) -

Very simple, clean, and very strategic. Could be really cool when it launches,

#108 Posted by Bobbywich (8 posts) -

Looks a little too simple for me.  And I wish they had differences between the sides.

#109 Posted by Jolt92 (1542 posts) -

Ugh, I really hate EX Quick Looks....

#110 Posted by reflekshun (217 posts) -

This looks good!

#111 Posted by Vampire_Chibi (162 posts) -

Seems like a good game

#112 Posted by Asembo (98 posts) -

Looks really good! That could be a ton of fun when playing with friends

#113 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -
@VonSoot said:
" @Oceaniax said:
" I've gotta admit I dislike the EX quick looks. To me the greatest draw of Quick Looks is getting an unbiased first impression of the game, warts and all. It mirrors what happens in people's actual homes when they bring a game home for the first time and pop it in, so that makes it super useful (to me moreso than a review) to determine if it's something I should buy.  Having the developer there does allow you to get some info and depth about the game you might not have been aware of, but it disconnects it from the end-users experience. No normal consumer is going to have the devs sit on down with them and explain the game during the first couple hours, you have to rely on how well the game is made, and how well it guides you through the experience on its own.   Also, listening to you guys rip on the games is a big part of the draw . I completely understand that with the developer there you have to be more diplomatic with your words, but that doesn't make it any more entertaining to watch. "
Agreed. I don't like the developers being there, ruins the idea behind quick looks. "
I don't think it's that bad. They are not really for the same purpose, these are more like previews (because they are usually early) and the others are usually on or after the day of release.
#114 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

This game looks really cool, but I'm not that into strategy games. It seems like a game I'd rather watch then play personally.

#115 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

You had me at hex grid.

#116 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I like the music and the art-style, and the very deep gameplay. It looks really cool, I'll get it if it's $10.

#117 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

Never heard of this game until today, and it looks great.

#118 Posted by pi3t (16 posts) -

@killerbears How about that obscure Austin Powers reference?

#119 Posted by hitdog867 (80 posts) -

i like the 50s look
#120 Posted by Egge (446 posts) -

This game put a hex on me, in a weirdly good way...

#121 Posted by Oni (2094 posts) -

Looks pretty cool! and it's from my country too.

#122 Posted by Drebin_893 (2902 posts) -

This was great. And the guest was a really informative and nice gentleman.

#123 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@fwylo:  Thinking the same thing...
#124 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I just bought this game and play through a few stages. It's really good!

#125 Posted by HansKaosu (681 posts) -

This looks cool, i hope they release the pc version soon.

#126 Posted by busted1der (199 posts) -

@viiral: On sale on Steam now!

#127 Posted by RA20R (39 posts) -

@busted1der: just bought it lol

#128 Posted by manbot47 (214 posts) -

looks cool i'm just too stupid to play it well

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.