Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Viable to just play with a friend or two?

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would it be viable to just play this game in private matches primarily? I'm not super interested in playing a bunch of random people, and I'm curious if private matches give enough from playing in them to get anywhere with the game.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well they just added the Naxxramas expansion that adds more single player content to the game. I do think it is still viable to play with just a few friends, but you could always look into adding some GB people to play with.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jarmahead: Private matches don't give anything, because there is the worry that people would game it to just lose to one another. Hearthstone is a card game where, most of the time, you are playing against strangers.

It's free, and after all this time, I still haven't spent more than a $1.00. So, why not just give it a shot and see how you like it? The new single player expansion stuff may be up your alley, but the meat and potatoes of the game is with random folks.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You'll get 0 out of private matches outside of fun.

However, playing public matches is fine. You can't really communicate with your opponent outside of pre-recorded stuff. The worst behavior you'll see is someone taking their full turn length on every turn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.