Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 18, 2010

A departure from the usual gameplay of the Tomb Raider franchise, this download-only game features a fixed, isometric camera angle and concentrates on co-op combat, platforming, and puzzle solving.

PS3 Playthrough: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Avatar image for translucentfish
    translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By translucentfish

Having played three games now (two PSN, one Disc), it's a strange feeling that Lara Croft atGoL is actually the most fun I've had so far. That's not a slight to Uncharted or Shooter, it's more of a compliment to Lara Croft. It's strangely addicting (as if I need to say it, but I collecting every last thing in the game, as well as speed runs), and probably one of my favorite game playing experiences in my, relatively, short video game life. The dual joystick shooting feels great. Where I had some trouble aiming in Shooter, it didn't become a problem here. The explanation most likely is auto targeting, but it just felt right. When I unlocked the ridiculous spear weapons that send mini-bosses down in two hits, I just had even more fun running as fast as I could to beat the 6-minute achievement. 

You may notice that I said the game was one my favorite game playing experiences, that's because the story is dumb. It doesn't make any sense, nor does it really try to. It's all just random setup so you can get to rolling boulders over dudes. I couldn't even paraphrase the plot if I tried. Something about a mirror that an evil guy comes out of, or something... whatever. After the first "cutscene," which is really just a picture with talking, I pretty much abandoned trying to make sense of it. Which is disappointing because I'm one those people who always wants story over anything else. If the game doesn't have a good story, I can't get invested in the characters, which makes the whole playing the game kinda boring. But as I've said, Lara Croft was a hell of a lot of fun to play, so I can't be that mad at it (I can only imagine what it would have been like with a good story though...)

Avatar image for translucentfish
    translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By translucentfish

Having played three games now (two PSN, one Disc), it's a strange feeling that Lara Croft atGoL is actually the most fun I've had so far. That's not a slight to Uncharted or Shooter, it's more of a compliment to Lara Croft. It's strangely addicting (as if I need to say it, but I collecting every last thing in the game, as well as speed runs), and probably one of my favorite game playing experiences in my, relatively, short video game life. The dual joystick shooting feels great. Where I had some trouble aiming in Shooter, it didn't become a problem here. The explanation most likely is auto targeting, but it just felt right. When I unlocked the ridiculous spear weapons that send mini-bosses down in two hits, I just had even more fun running as fast as I could to beat the 6-minute achievement. 

You may notice that I said the game was one my favorite game playing experiences, that's because the story is dumb. It doesn't make any sense, nor does it really try to. It's all just random setup so you can get to rolling boulders over dudes. I couldn't even paraphrase the plot if I tried. Something about a mirror that an evil guy comes out of, or something... whatever. After the first "cutscene," which is really just a picture with talking, I pretty much abandoned trying to make sense of it. Which is disappointing because I'm one those people who always wants story over anything else. If the game doesn't have a good story, I can't get invested in the characters, which makes the whole playing the game kinda boring. But as I've said, Lara Croft was a hell of a lot of fun to play, so I can't be that mad at it (I can only imagine what it would have been like with a good story though...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.