Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Am I weird for wanting to "save" ME2?

SpartanGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpartanGuy

I love this game, and I have been looking forward to it since I beat ME1, but I'll play it for like 1-2 hours then get this urge to stop playing or else I will beat it too soon. It kind of depresses me because it's so much fun and I want to play but this feeling is stopping me.

I think one of the reasons I get this feeling is because I don't have a lot of money so I have to spend wisely. For example I only bought 2 games this holiday season, and then I bought ME2.

The games were, Dragon Age: Origins which I beat in a week, and at this point in time I have beaten it twice. And I also bought Modern Warfare 2, the main reason for beating Dragon Age in a week since they came out a week apart, and for the longevity of the multiplayer.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it weird for me to have this urge to not play? I mean it doesn't help me, It's not like "Go outside and do something!" or "Go work out, asshole!" It's like "Stop playing this game or bad things will happen."

Help me. O_O

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bobdaman18

Well there are always multiple run throughs with different classes making different choices.  Also, just think about the fact that there is an almost infinite sea of games out there you haven't played yet that you need to get to.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shirogane

Yeah, i had that urge for a few games, it'll eventually go away...and then you'll be able to play through and enjoy it normally.

What i find unbelievable is that you beat Dragon Age in a week, WHAT THE HELL? how much time did you spend playing that man?
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

I felt the same way, but I remedied it by starting on Insanity.

Now I don't think I will have any problems taking a long time to finish.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maxszy
    @SpartanGuy: I had that same want...but I just finished ME2 about an hour ago. I realized that...as much as I wanted to savor it over a week or too...the story was just so damn gripping that I had to keep going. Its like a book that's a page turner, you just aren't going to put it down and close the cover because its too good.

Plus as someone who just finished, can't wait to get back into a second time and seriously...at least the second time..there will be TONS of things that are different.
    lasersanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By lasersanchez

I'm also playing it on Insanity for my first run through as a Vanguard which is apparently the worst class to play on Insanity.  14 hours in (according to in game clock, it's probably twice that) and I just put the second disc in.  I have a feeling it'll be a long, long game.

SpartanGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SpartanGuy
    @Shirogane: I beat it in a week by skipping a lot of classes, and not doing side quests, but totally worth it. 40 hours or so on the first play through and like 55 hours  on the second because I did different stuff and the side quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.