Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Insanity Difficulty Help

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By manwithnoname

Hey, I am playing through mass effect 2 for the second time with a level 30 soldier on the insanity difficulty setting. I am currently at the collector ship and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on who to bring on the mission with shepard. I was thinking mabe miranda and mordin but I am unsure. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By xatmos

I finished insanity with a sentinel (new game), and haven't played a soldier yet - that said, Miranda and Mordin are good choices. Miranda is very handy on insanity because of the simple fact that she has both warp and overload; Mordin has incinerate, which works against armor and health, you will need to take down barriers first. Collectors don't use shields. When fighting scions or other tough things order your teammates to camp down somewhere out of the way, then try to get the big guys focused on you. For scions, you can actually just strafe left and right to avoid their attack (which is a lot like shockwave). For praetorians, or whatever those things are called, get them focused on you, find cover but when they get close run all the way across the battlefield and duck in cover, try to keep them in the air and moving so they don't regenerate their barriers. During all of this have your teammates pepper them with powers (and obviously shoot at them yourself as much as possible), but don't order them to focus fire, because they will abandon cover and get killed.

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By manwithnoname
    @xatmos: Thanks for the advice. I have been having a hell of a time trying to get past all of the crap the game throws at you on insanity, but I have to do it in order get that S rank. Thanks again.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Warp seems to be the single most invaluable biotic in the game. I'd rely on that heavily. 

The Praetorians are probably the most dangerous enemy on their lonesome, but there's a bit near the end with two or three Harbingers and a Scion that is excruciating. If you, for some reason, also have Warp as an ability, it'd really help, since you'd be able to double up on that particular ability. If not, then concentrate less on firing off shots and more on whittling down the shields/barriers/armors of your opponents. 

Good luck, friend.

manwithnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By manwithnoname
    @Sir_Ragnarok: Scions are brutal, dealing with them at Freedom's Progress was hard enough but when they are on those moving platforms...ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.