Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Considering Canceling my Collector's Edition Pre-Order

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrockNRolla

Mass Effect has been my favorite series this generation and I was THRILLED to plunk down my money for a collector's edition pre-order. But, as time has gone on and cooler heads have prevailed, I've started to wonder if this is a good idea. I'm not into art books, tin cases, or lithographs, but I am interested in in-game content.

Seeing that Amazon is now offering a $10 gift card for the standard edition though, that $79.99 price tag is starting to look steep. What do you think? Should I cancel my pre-order and consider putting that money toward a season pass or other DLC? Or should I keep the Collectors Edition for fear that I'll be getting things there you won't find anywhere else?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By DocHaus

@BrockNRolla: I'd say wait until the GOTY edition comes out, and then spend $20 on that. Of course it'll probably be a year or so before that happens, but it will be worth it. Maybe. Hopefully.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dookysharpgun

If we've learned anything from the Cerberus Network BS when ME2 came out, you'll be able to get your hands on any of the larger DLC packs without paying for a service that delivers, at best, mediocre content that adds nothing significant to the game. I'd say cancel it, you're getting much better value with the tenner card, in fact, looking at it in a certain way, you're saving $10 on the standard edition.

Just refer to Batman Arkham City's Skin DLC fiasco...you can buy them all now. I don't regret buying the limited edition of that game, because I got a badass batman statue, but if you're not into that scene, then screw it, the DLC will still be there, they aren't going to shut you out because you didn't spend 80 quid on the collector's edition. Save your money, in the current climate, its the right choice to make.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wouldn't let strangers on the internet decide how I'm going to spend my money.  You know what you want to do.

I'll buy Mass Effect themed toothpaste, so yeah I'm getting the Collector's Edition.  Everyone has their vices and Mass Effect is mine.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

complain to amazon...

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

The n7 armor and weapons are one reason but by far, I am getting the collectors edition for he soundtrack. I love Clint mansells work

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Vinny_Says

Only if you don't have the KOA: Reckoning armor

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I was once strongly considering getting that myself, but I don't think I will. I haven't even decided if I'm actually going to pre-order the game or not yet. Yeah, they're all right games, and the third one looks to be the best of them all, but I'm having a hard time getting pumped for it at all right now.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The Xbox Edition of the CE is actually limited (and sold out most places). If you have an order in for it, don't cancel, you're not gonna get it again.

And so we're all on the same page, to date there has never been a GOTY Edition of any Mass Effect game. The Collector's Edition items from ME2 (Xbox) are still impossible to get w/o owning a copy of the CE.

@Brodehouse said:

I wouldn't let strangers on the internet decide how I'm going to spend my money. You know what you want to do. I'll buy Mass Effect themed toothpaste, so yeah I'm getting the Collector's Edition. Everyone has their vices and Mass Effect is mine.

Glad to see I'm not the only one going apeshit for ME3 and all it's goodies. My CE Artbook shipped out this morning, can't wait!

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Nekroskop

I'm waiting to see the reviews and fan reactions to this one before I buy it. Bioware has disappointed me with their two prior releases.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mutha3

@BrockNRolla: Bioware has already said the CE Bonus character/misssion DLC will be available for purchase on day 1. I'd just get tthe regular edition, unless you're REALLY stoked to have a robot dog.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By veektarius

I almost never buy collector's editions because I don't do anything with the peripherals. If it were about in-game content, I'd be on it, but it would be a PR fiasco for them.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

Get the Double Fine thing instead.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

@mutha3 said:

@BrockNRolla: Bioware has already said the CE Bonus character/misssion DLC will be available for purchase on day 1. I'd just get tthe regular edition, unless you're REALLY stoked to have a robot dog.

Affirmative
    Affirmative

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.